1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

What 4x10 to get Mesa or ?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by shirtforbrains, Dec 5, 2012.

1. shirtforbrains

shirtforbrains

Looking for a new 4x10. I play rock. I have a avatar now and what to try something new. What do you people like. Also any thought on the powerhouse line would be great.
  2. CL400Peavey

CL400Peavey Supporting Member

What head are you planning on using? Personally if I was going to go back to commercial cabs I would be looking at a 215 or two vertically stacked 212's. Better dispersion, doesnt have to be super heavy.
  3. LowBSix

LowBSix Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: GHS Strings
    I love MESA PH cabs. I've got PH 210 that i used to pair up with a PH 112 that was awesome and easier to move than the 410. The 210 is a monster on its own.
  4. chaosMK

chaosMK

Disclosures:
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    I probably say this in half my posts but the PH 4x10 is probably one of the finest available and the best at what it does particularly. Huge thick sound, punchy, and very detailed. I think it brings just about any amp to life if you are doing rock/metal.
  5. spector_boogie

spector_boogie No Limit Honky Supporting Member

Great cabinet, one of their best. If I played 10"-equipped cabinets, I'd have two of them.
    Plus, you can actually try it and play it and not have to go on "advice" from suspect forum members. :bassist:
  6. spector_boogie

man those sound like killer 410 cabinets. where can i pick some up?
  7. father of fires

father of fires Supporting Member

My favorite 4x10 is the SWR Goliath II's. They're heavy but so are the Mesa's. They are long out of production so they can be had pretty cheap.

I've always liked Mesa cabs. I've played the 4x10 and the 2x12's at GC and I was impressed.
  8. spector_boogie

i gig two of these. they're pretty killer and one is loud enough if i don't want to drag both out to a gig or we're playing out of town and short on space.