1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

What age is my bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BeeMo60, Aug 7, 2013.

1. BeeMo60

BeeMo60

I have a MusicMan stingray 5 and I'd like to find out how old it is as well as other particulars including the name of the colour (which is no longer being produced I'm told). Is there an online source for info like that?

2. Bassic Playing

Bassic Playing

Media:
  3. RxFunk

RxFunk

Pics would help, although I guess you could go to Ernie Ball's website, or rather music-man.com

4. photogdude

photogdude ustonsucs Supporting Member

here----http://forums.ernieball.com/music-man-basses/1254-music-man-serial-number-database.html

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. BeeMo60

BeeMo60

Thanks for the suggestions. Although my Serial # (E36869) was not listed the range it fell into puts it's origin between April and July 2003. Colour ID was successful too: Blue Dawn (discontinued mid 2002 with backorders into 2003)

7. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

It's not listed because it's a fan website, not a manufacturer website. So the serials and info submitted to the musciman.org webpage were given by the bass owners.
    Ernie Ball's factory webforum can tell you everything about it if you submit the serial there, or you can email them too.