What amp can I use to get this sound?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by CBNJ, Jan 26, 2013.

1. CBNJ

CBNJ Sorry brother. Supporting Member

Or would I be better off getting some type of pedal to get closer? I need a new amp, completely sick of mine. :oops: At some points, it looks like he plays Ampeg.

2. CL400Peavey

CL400Peavey Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Just about any amp should get you to that tone. Most of it is going to come down to your playing style.
  3. CBNJ

Any tips on eq to head in that direction - more/less of something? I was having a rough day playing so I turned everything completely off - gonna start fresh with new settings today. :p
  4. CL400Peavey

CL400Peavey Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Start with everything at noon, and make small tweaks. Start by leaving lows and highs untouched and start by bumping low mids.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. MuthaFunk

MuthaFunk

I think it's rather Ampeg sounding to me. SVT to be exact. I would think a VTBass pedal into the effect return into your current amp. Start with the SVT settings recommended in the instructions and tweak from there to match your cabs to the sound.

He has a rather thick bottom end and some amps just can't do that. Actually, the studio version could very well have been recorded with a SansAmp or VT Bass pedal. It's very common for studios to use them for bass in this genre of music.
  7. CBNJ

Oh man, he said SVT and that's almost the exact sound I want.. :hyper: So I could run this through my Acoustic B100? Never ventured into the pedal side of things before..

8. M. Owen Santy

M. Owen Santy Guest

Disclosures:
    Michael Tobias Designs Kingston Series & Traynor Amps Artist
    Personally Although I agree with the VT pedal idea - I might look at the Tech 21 Sansamp Bass Driver Deluxe. It is about twice the cost - but for someone that is looking to get every exacting with tones and have multiple choices at their feet you cant go wrong with these things!