1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

What amp size to choose (Vox T15,25 & 60)?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by arianar, Aug 16, 2006.

1. arianar

arianar

I found some offers on the Vox T-amps the other day, and thinking of buying one, and I'm wondering which one to choose.

It's mostly needed for practicing, some recording and small gigs.

Is the T15 loud enough at all? Should I go all the way to T60, or should I settle in the middle and go for the T25? I'm thinking T25 at the moment, seeing as it is much more practical then the T60, but still not sure ...

Thanks for any help!

Btw, anyone know why they are discontinued?
  2. Roger M

Roger M Gold Supporting Member

One of my amps at home is a T25, for use as a practice amp and it's fine for that; I lent it to a friend for a gig in a small room (seating maybe 80? people) when the house amp suddenly died as they were setting up - it was adequate when cranked up but the T60 would have been better. So, depends how you want to use it
  3. Cirk

Cirk

Of the three, I'd go with the 60 for the most headroom. Truthfully, even that one will run out of volume quick with a loud band.