1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. We are currently evaluating the "One Post Per Classified Ad" policy. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

What ampeg cabs are these?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by joecarrr, Dec 16, 2012.

1. joecarrr

joecarrr

I tried looking for some reviews/specs on these cabs. I can't find any that have the stripe on the front. The are ampeg svt 210 and svt 18 classics. Are they the same as other classics? All ones I see on google don't have the stripe on them. Does anybody know anything about these? They are beat up but the guy says they sound great. I can probably pick them up for $300

[​IMG]
  2. Jason Wilson

Jason Wilson

Hey, unsure on the cabs, but if you e-mail Ampeg, (just go to their site) they are probably gonna be able to help you.
    Good luck
  3. Wookieonbass

Wookieonbass

Sorry , I don't know what kind they are but that stripe looks great!
  4. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

The stripe was probably a customization.
  5. Bassmec

Bassmec

Disclosures:
    Proprietor Springvale Studios
    Looks like one of the owners was quite keen on the paintwork design of Shelby automotive and had go faster stripes painted on the front grill cloth.:bassist:
  6. rickwebb

rickwebb

3 bills for both? SCORE. Buy now. (BTW, i'm ALL USA-made Ampeg myself...)
  7. Jim C

Jim C Supporting Member

or perhaps the late 60's early 70's Chevy SS models
    (why did I ever sell that 1970 SS396 Chevelle) :eek:
  8. DethByDoom

DethByDoom Supporting Member

Does it not say on the back? You can tell by the serial if the model is worn off.
  9. Stu L.

Stu L.

Top is either a 210HE or possibly a HEN. Bottom would be a 118 HE or HEN. Grills are painted, as posted before. My first cab was a 410HEN. These look to have been used a few times ;)
  10. joecarrr

joecarrr

Thanks guys. I'm gonna go scoop em up wednesday. I've actually seen other ampeg cabs that had this stripe on them before so I don't know if it's custom. I guy that used to play bass for my buddies band had some smaller cabs like portaflex's that had the stripe.