What Are The Best Cabels You Can Buy?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by jam -1, Nov 28, 2013.

1. jam -1

jam -1

Hi Guys
    What are the best cabels you can Buy Brand Name?
    I was told of a name of a companey but cant rember I do know monster cabels are good what eles is there?

Thank you
    Jeff:bassist:
  2. esa372

esa372 Supporting Member

3. Snakeman1066

Snakeman1066

what's a cabel?

i personally use a cable...lol

Soundflex Cable...I buy it by the roll and make my own using Neutrik plugs
  4. fnordlyone

fnordlyone Supporting Member

I use short runs, so I use PV Peavey series which I get locally in the crawfish fields for a dollar a foot-- be it instrument or speaker cable. They have a lifetime warranty, etc. I do not hear noise… so it is a good cable. Give me an electron transfer device "built like a tank:smug:."
    You can make your own speaker cables easy; haven't messed with the shielded wires in instrument cables, but everythings easy after you learn how to do it.
    don't get caught up in the hype,
    fnord!
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. tubster

tubster

Cords, Leads, Cables (cabels) whatever. We know what we are talking about here.

Here is a link to a cable maker in Seattle. They do not advertise guitar cables per se but the article tells you the truth about cables without all the smoke and mirrors.

Hope you find this useful, I did.

http://www.bluejeanscable.com/index.htm
  7. tubster

tubster

I live in Seattle but have no association with the Blue Jean Cable company other than my buddy has just bought a ton of their stuff for his very high end surround sound. He is very happy and walked away from the hi-fi 'magic' cables for $300 a foot!
  8. Timpala

Timpala Supporting Member

I like coiled cables. The Vox & The Bullet cable get my vote. Too bad the Bullet company went out of business. It is the longest lasting cable I have ever had. 6 years and counting. I have had bad experiences with Firewire. They seem to poop out really fast. I've never tried a Monster cable besides my stereo.
  9. macrocheesium

macrocheesium

In my experience a cable either works or it doesn't. I'll take whatever's on sale as long as it doesn't have bad reviews.
  10. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya

A cable is a cable (for the most part). Don't buy into the hype.
  11. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Same here. Cables with high prices don't work any better than what's on sale as far as I'm concerned.
  12. GBassNorth

GBassNorth

If you look at instrument cables for what they really are - a consumable component in your sound chain that will get wear and tear - then the best cable is the cheapest one that works well, lasts long and has free lifetime unconditional replacement.
    For me that's Monster Cable. Not much more expensive than cheaper brands, built really well, sound good, and replaced for free when they fail. I've had stage hands accidentally slice thru them by rolling equipment over them. I've had the 90 degree angle heads bust off from being over stressed. I've had some dragged to death that were hanging out the back of a van and so on. All were replaced for free, no questions asked.
  13. rfslick

rfslick

14. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    The best are Bullum™ cables. I make them. Neutrik[SUP]®[/SUP] and Canare[SUP]®[/SUP] or Neutrik[SUP]®[/SUP] and Mogami[SUP]®[/SUP]. Seriously, the best cables are the ones that are most durable.
  15. callofcthulhu

callofcthulhu

My opinion as well.

Get the straight ones if you can. My GC seems to only ever have the right angle ones in stock, and I go through about one a year, compared to the straight ones they replaced which lasted about three years.
  16. walldaja

walldaja

I buy either Live Wire at GC or PigHog from Sam Ash. I like their lifetime warranties and the ease of replacing the cable. I particularity like the shrink wraped PigHogs over the Live Wire screw type connector cover. Spending a ton of money on a cable just doesn't make much sense to me.
  17. fjadams

fjadams Supporting Member

I prefer cloth covered right angle cables. Are they better than anything else, doubtful, but it's what I like so it's what I use.

No particular brand, they all seem to work the same.
  18. Mtnman

Mtnman

I like Monster. I'm sure I'm like all of you that have gone through a million cables over the years. The Monster's just seem to be more durable. I'm sure others will argue; and the topic of cables has been troll fodder around here, but they last me longer than any other brand.
  19. remainthesame

remainthesame

+1 there doesnt seem to be much monster love around here. but thats where my money goes when i buy a cable. actually what i should say is thats where my money went when i bought cables. now i have 4 monster cables and i never have to buy another for the rest of my life thanks to their sweet lifetime guarantee.

i hear people say that they are slightly oversized and can stress out a jack. now i dont know if this is correct or not but quite frankly i dont care. ive used monster cables for 90% of the time that ive played bass. i cannot think of a single band member i have had who didnt use monster cables. (and ive been in a lot of bands) and not me nor a single one of them ever had a problem ever.

plus i like that i can walk into any music store without a receipt, cut the cable in half right in front of them, and they just smile and give me a new one (ive actually done this before)
  20. lokikallas

lokikallas Supporting Member

Planet waves do the trick for me.
  21. T-MOST

T-MOST Supporting Member

I have found that a cable is not a cable especially when you are talking bass applications. Some cables will produce more high end tone while other cables wont. (high impedance vs lower impedance cables) So unless you absolutely don't care about the higher end of your tone... Yes a cable is just a cable. This doesn't mean any cable is worth $100 or more IMHO. BTW I do use Monsters that I pay $40 for.