What are the best headphones for Aviom system?

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by willrwilli, Jun 13, 2010.

1. willrwilli

willrwilli

After several years of debating my church is finally going to get the Aviom system. It is vital that our test goes well so we can give propper feedback. My question is what headphones are best with this system? I would like to have a good set of headphones during this test.
  2. Jazzdogg

Jazzdogg Less barking, more wagging! Supporting Member

3. testing1two

testing1two Gold Supporting Member

First off, I wouldn't recommend buying a specialized set of cans just for the test. Buy the cans you intend for everyone to use so the test is accurate. If the church is going to buy over the ear headphones for everyone on stage, then something like Sony 7506's or AKG K240's or Audio Technica ATH 50's will do the trick for about half the cost of the Ultraphones although you won't get the same level of ambient noise reduction. There's no free lunch when it comes to noise reduction though. The more outside noise you want to block out, the tighter the phones have to seal against your head and that can be quite uncomfortable over long periods of time.

Also keep in mind that entry level IEM's like Westone UM-1's are about the same price as headphones, offer excellent noise reduction and sound great without having to step up to custom molds and multiple drivers.
  4. willrwilli

willrwilli

Great info so far. Does anyone have any experience with osp eu-4 or eu-6 headphones?
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. TimmyP

TimmyP

No isolation, best fidelity: Grado (any model, but preferably the 125 or better).

Good isolation, very good fidelity: M-Audio IE10 buds.

Best isolation, good fidelity: ExtremeHeadphones EX29 (the latest version only). (Some headphone amps are a bit puny for these if you like to listen too loudly.)

Good isolation, decent fidelity: Sennheiser 280.

Lousy isolation, mediocre fidelity: Sony 7506.
  7. waytoodeep03

waytoodeep03

Is there an update on this?

Bought a pair of Beydynamics but when I play bass through the avioms at certain levels I get tons of buzz like the drivers are cracked
  8. Codger

Codger Supporting Member

I use David Clark 10S/DC for high fidelity in a high noise environment.