What are the best online bass lessons?

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by latkingz781, Jun 23, 2008.

1. latkingz781

latkingz781

Or do you know what videos are most useful on youtube? Because I always find some, just nothing I'm really looking for.
  2. nastyn8c

nastyn8c

Not necessarily bass-specific, but I'm in love with the Jordan Rudess Online Conservatory. He's the keyboardist for Dream Theater, went to Julliard at age 9. Now he's got his online school with instruction for keyboard, guitar, and drums. Left-hand keyboard stuff, plus guitar theory, plus Dave Muscato's thread on here about his time at Berklee Bass Lines, has given me a very well rounded approach to my practice time.
  3. 9mmMike

9mmMike Would you happen to have a cookie for me? Supporting Member

4. latkingz781

latkingz781

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. subdude99

subdude99

If you like funk/r&b then check out marlowedk either on youtube or his own site at playbassnow.com.
  7. BuffaloBass

BuffaloBass Supporting Member

In the same vein, type in Doug Johns in tube and he has some cool lessons up there.

I took three levels of slap bass from Anthoy Wellington ( AWESOME!) at www.musicdojo.com
  8. bassman_al

bassman_al Supporting Member

+1. Great play-alongs! And a very nice guy, willing to answer questions that I was afraid might be considered "dumb."
  9. Bole909

Bole909

10. plarry

plarry

Just stumbled upon this ooold post...

Yeah, definitely, there's good stuff on StudyBass and PlayBassNow.
    But by far my favorite online resource is Scott Devine's http://scottsbasslessons.com

Sorry I can't give you a coupon code: it's FREE! Awesome AND free! Plus you get even more free stuff if you subscribe to his newsletter.

Cool guy, great teacher, awesome lessons! That said, some may prefer someone else's "style", my taste is not universal --thanks God! But it's definitely worth a look if you don't know it.

Hope this helps!
  11. Mharris

Mharris

+100 to Scotts Bass Lessons

Amazing player and more importantly, the guy knows how to teach!
  12. oniman7

oniman7

Another to Scott Devine in this 2 and a half year old thread
  13. devine

devine Supporting Member

Wow... two threads mentioning http://www.scottsbasslessons.com... now I'm super stoked lol!

Seriously... for everyone out there that's spreading the word about the website, thanks so much! I can do all the lessons in the world but if it wasn't for guys like you getting the word out...

Hope your ready for a killer 2013!

See you in the shed! ;)

Scott.
  14. JamPlay

JamPlay

Kevin here with JamPlay.com. We've always been the best for online guitar lessons and we just now launched our online bass lessons. We are pretty pumped with what we've put together. Check out the site and see what you think. Just like with our guitar site, if you join & decide it's not for you, just let us know and we'll give you a full refund!
  15. Roy Vogt

Roy Vogt Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Accuracy, Carvin, Hotwire, Conklin Basses, DNA, Eden
  16. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

17. aasti3000

aasti3000 Supporting Member

+1

MarloweDK is teaching me everything I need to know with great break downs and explainations of technique, etc. Love his youtube videos and his website. Can't go wrong there.
  18. Synthax

Synthax

The trufire ,stu hamm lessons along with scottsbasslessons, how-to-playbass.com and studybass are all you need, along with talkbass of course. The trufire lessons really are top notch, same for scotts.
  19. Deechord

Deechord

Wow...must be Devine intervention (LOL)...as I have gravitated to these same online courses. Have yet to check out trufire, though.
  20. Synthax

Synthax

The trufire ones arent free but not expensive and worth every penny.
  21. RileyHagan

RileyHagan