1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

What are you getting for Christmas??

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by willop, Dec 21, 2013.

1. willop

willop

I have a december birthday so I traded in my Yamaha RBX375 for a Dean Jeff Berlin Player. LOVE IT!

For christmas - new strap, strap locks for both my bass', new cord (strap and cord are tweed -I be stylin'!). And 'the history of bass guitar' book.

My son has a Dec 27 birthday and is getting a Fender Mustang V - 150w amp, pedal and 1/2 stack.

And for the family - since my daughter is learning guitar too - since we're getting a PS3 I figured why not get Rocksmith 2014 and a couple of cables!

Stocking stuffers are some new strings, canes for the drumset, pics.

So what are YOU getting (or giving) for Christmas?

2. phangtonpower

phangtonpower

Nice!!
    Since you asked nothing.

3. bracchus

bracchus

A new Eden D410XLT!

4. CTC564

CTC564 Gold Supporting Member

A 3 Leaf Audio You're Doom pedal

But I just traded for a Sadowsky Metro Will Lee that is phenomenal

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Kmonk

Kmonk

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Fender, Spector, Ampeg, Curt Mangan Strings
    My band shares a rehearsal space with a friend of mine. I was using his Fender rig at rehearsal but hate the sound. I use Ampeg on stage so I wanted something similar for rehearsals. My wife bought me an Ampeg rig for the rehearsal studio. The only catch is that I can bring it there until after Christmas. She also bought me a new pickguard for my jazz bass

My wife asked for a new lap top

My son asked for a new Playstation 3 since his is barely working now. He really wants a PS4 but there are more than 2.5 million on back order.

7. bassteban

bassteban

Daughter(8): Some requested dinosaur toys,a decent Razor-type scooter(she's rocked hand-me-down wheels all her lil life):rolleyes:
    Daughter(12): Longboard, some shoes she's been DYING for- shes pretty easy :)
    Son(14): A bitchen dirt jump BMX bike(Mirraco Bronson)- he currently rides my ancient and pig-heavy Vegas, LOVES it but can't really jump it as it nearly outweighs him. The look on his face may be my own present to myself- he is NOT expecting it. :cool:
    Wife(do NOT ask, I refuse to remember the number, just the date): no idea...:ninja:
    Myself(50): Dunno, don't want to. Asked for a nice plastic model, to revisit my youth. :)

All this is far more elaborate than we typically do, but unlike the past several years, we are in a position to go a bit bigger- so we are. Thank you for asking.

8. mapleglo

mapleglo Gold Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Fedex delivered it this morning :bassist:

9. Shakin-Slim

Shakin-Slim

I believe my siblings have ordered me some tapewound strings, because they cannot be bought here, at least not for under $80. Other than that, not much, I don't think. We don't really 'do' big gifts.

10. Batmensch

Batmensch

For Christmas, I bought myself a copy of Bandfuse, a video game with a basic premise somewhat like Rocksmith. Haven't gotten too far yet, but I like it so far.

11. bassistjoe93

bassistjoe93

Getting this jacket:
    ImageUploadedByTalkBass1387662269.244490.jpg

And this guitar:
    ImageUploadedByTalkBass1387662391.810125.jpg

All I need/want.

12. Hapa

Hapa

13. thunderbird66

thunderbird66

Gave my goth complex brooding teenage daughter a wad of cash and I'm getting myself either a hartke cabinet or another ashdown combo amp. Plus I'm rescuing a little dog.

14. ArtechnikA

ArtechnikA I endorsed a check once... Gold Supporting Member

I have that amp - he'll like it. There's 99 presets, some quite strange... Mine sits on 'BassMan 70' 99.9% of the time. Since I've switched to bass it almost never gets played these days...

I had a 'Zero Year' birthday this year so there's not much more I could possibly want now...

15. ZenG

ZenG

16. Dave W

Dave W Previously bassgod0dmw Supporting Member

A remodeled bathroom, a bunch of stuff for a baby, and some camera gear.

17. Casting Thunder

Casting Thunder

I'm getting Kross headphones, some CDs (Black Sabbath, Korn and Megadeath) and other stuff I've forgotten about. Oh, I'm getting custom ear plugs when the bike show comes to town in a couple months....

I'm giving my mom a seafood dinner and framing some pictures for her. I'm making a corn heating pad for my sister.

18. Art Araya

Art Araya

An apogee jam for my iphone. Pretty excited about it.

19. 62Jazzbass

62Jazzbass

20. Khronic

Khronic Richard J. Naimish

Not even a chunk of coal!

21. NOT

NOT Supporting Member

A good friend got me these...

ImageUploadedByTalkBass1387857172.092811.jpg