1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

What bass are you currently waiting/hanging for?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jason Wilson, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Jason Wilson

Jason Wilson

I think waiting for a new bass is the hardest thing to deal with every day (not getting too serious).

I'm currently waiting for a new Ken Smith Black Tiger Elite and have been waiting since July, should be getting pretty close now. But man, time is dragging and I wish I could forget about it for a day!!

I thought there are probably a few people out there in the same boat. So, what bass are you currently hanging for? Is it as tough for you as it is for me?

:bawl:

2. spiritbass

spiritbass Supporting Member

Two-tone sunburst Dingwall Super J five-string custom. :hyper: I have about four months to wait. I try not to think about it and play my other basses in the meantime.

3. Jason Wilson

Jason Wilson

Aah, very nice bass!! I have only ever seen/heard them online but I really like their tone. Tough wait!

4. Immigrant

Immigrant

There isn't a cure. Only pacifiers.

I waited about 8-9 months for my FBB, and it could've been a little longer but it was already being built when I made it "mine." in the meantime, I visited his Facebook page nearly daily (sometimes more than once a day) in hopes of seeing a progress pic to swipe. I never pestered him. It was my first custom ordered bass, and I didn't want to anger anyone.

There was only one period of lack of communication, due to me changing my email address and when his emails went unanswered, he was worried that I sent knee breakers his way.:D

Also, if you can convince yourself that the due date is further away, it makes it more special when it arrives.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Asylum-49

Asylum-49

I'm waiting for Gibson to announce and do a run of left handed Thunderbird IV basses, as recently rumoured they are doing next year! I've only been waiting 20+ years!

7. spiritbass

spiritbass Supporting Member

Now THAT is a long wait!!!

Jason - Sheldon's instruments are in a league of their own, IMO. I hope you can experience one 'first hand' some day! :cool:

8. Thrill-House

Thrill-House

Nothing at the moment, as i bought an American P-bass in october for my birthday. Doesnt mean i dont keep an eye out for new stuff to buy though :D

9. jasonmasters

jasonmasters

I'm literally going insane.

I decided to jump full fledged into 7 string land. I sold both my Benvante Vortex 6 and my Benavente SCD fretless 4 string to afford ordering two new basses from Benavente.

The first I ordered was a Fretless 7 string SCD with a pale moon ebony freboard and a Burl maple top with matching back piece
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That one i've been waiting about 8-9 months for.

Then around august I put in an order for a Double Cut 7 string fretted with a Wenge fretboard and this as a top:
    [​IMG]

Right now I just have a $200 4 string to get me by! I've been playing way too many videos games to try and pass the time...

10. datsaxguy

datsaxguy Supporting Member

Nordy VJ5 modern blocks and binding

11. Matt R.

Matt R.

I'm waiting to get a warranty claim going on my brand new Rickenbacker 4003 :atoz:

12. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Casting out the nines Supporting Member

13. Green1

Green1

Nordy VJ5 metallic green.......should be here by June.....lucky I have a Nordy already while I wait.....

14. willbassyeah

willbassyeah

Sandberg basic, the bass is done but the shipment had been delayed for almost a month. Supposed to come this week but was last informed that they will be coming next week. Hate the feeling.

15. nostatic

nostatic Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: FEA Labs, Jule Amps
    A pair of Fodera Monarch 5s strung E-C, one fretless, the other fretted. Should be done in June.

fretted top
    [​IMG]

fretless top
    [​IMG]

16. Bassmunnky

Bassmunnky

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball MusicMan Guitars
    Fender to offer the Classic Colors..all at once. on all the basses

Shoreline
    Burgundy Mist
    Daph

You know...the vintage ones besides the 3 they offer

17. Kwesi

Kwesi Supporting Member

Waiting for basses is HARD. I'm think my Morfino will be completely by next month and it's been painful. I know, I know, you've gotta wait for quality but it's sooooo painful and looking at the progress pics only makes it hurt more :cry:.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Can I just sleep until it's done? This is not how life should be, lol. I'm gasing for a bass that's mine but not actually mine yet!

18. carlis

carlis

I've been waiting for my new MTD 434 since early April, which is supposed to be delivered in mid December but I'm just told that things are going behind schedule by 2-3 months...

It is a tough waiting time. Besides, I haven't seen any picture at all so far!

19. xUptheIronsx

xUptheIronsx Conform or Be Cast Out.... Gold Supporting Member

been waiting for 39 years for my 73 Azure Glo blue Ric 4001...

20. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
  21. Wes K

Wes K

I'm waiting on a 5-string Benavente SCB. Triple-dyed black burst over a maple burl top. Can't wait.