What bass is Scott Devine playing?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jeffcami, Feb 15, 2014.

1. Jeffcami

Jeffcami

2. Jools4001

Jools4001 Supporting Member

It's an Overwater J series

3. Jepus

Jepus Supporting Member

4. musicman666

musicman666 Supporting Member

Overwater J series with a Unicorn bone fretboard, that's why he sounds so awesome!!!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. gully_jones

gully_jones Stone cold groovy man Supporting Member

GREAT now I have GAS for a Unicorn bone fretboard. Who makes these? My Mastercard is glowing red. :ninja:

7. musicman666

musicman666 Supporting Member

One must be very cautious when playing on a Unicorn bone fretboard. The magic bone essence can be toxic, that's why Scott wears the gloves. The trade off is an enhanced superior playing ability. Scott is obviously an amazing player!!!

8. armybass

armybass Keith Roscoe Basses Gold Supporting Member

9. armybass

armybass Keith Roscoe Basses Gold Supporting Member

Not at his ability if course. He is a fantastic player and teacher too.

10. Neener

Neener Grumpy Old Dog Supporting Member

This J Series from their website looks outstanding. :eek:

[​IMG]

11. theretheyare

theretheyare

They build great basses that practically play itself. I used to have a 36" 5 string that was amazing sounding instrument, sheer tonal beauty - just couldn't get around the 36" and traded it on TB. A few days ago I obtained a 4 string (one of the Progress Elite III types) at 34" and am discovering new things I can play on it every day. Exited!

12. Pet Sounds

Pet Sounds

Being a helluva player may also have something to do with it. ;-)

13. LeonD

LeonD Supporting Member

Does anyone in the U.S. import them?

14. Apolicious

Apolicious

They're stunning instruments. I kind of lol'd during one of his videos where he was talking about getting the best tone, and he said "I just leave my amp flat!" Like, yeah dude. You play a freaking Overwater. That thing would sound good through a lil' smokey.

My question is, what's the deal with the glove? I'd never seen that before, then a week or so later I saw a video of a guy at NAMM wearing the exact same glove.

15. guymanndude1

guymanndude1

He has a nerve disease, he wears them so as not to aggravate the condition.

16. Apolicious

Apolicious

THANK YOU! That had been driving me absolutely bonkers. Bummer for Scott, though.

17. jaypee

jaypee

Yes bummer for him or anyone for that matter to have to deal with such a thing. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

But, an amazing example for me to go beyond whatever circumstances and "Get in the Shed". If I were confronted with the same challenge, would I not only find a way to work around it, but put myself in front of a global audience to help other players? ....or would I press the easy button and say...."It's too hard....I can't do it..."?

He's an amazing talent and I draw so much from his lessons and attitude. Total respect!!!!!

18. AndroWal

AndroWal Supporting Member

No US dealer necessary.

I have an Overwater J5-24....spoke and eMailed directly with Chris May and mostly Martin Lee. Easy process and great gentlemen to work with. You can eMail Martin at martin@overwaterbasses.com . After confirming specifications I wired them a deposit. 4 months later I wired the remaining money and they shipped the bass.

19. AndyW83

AndyW83

Definitely a talented individual who puts a lot of work ion what he does. Any idea what so e of the other basses he plays are? I've seen him on videos with a few different ones