WHAT BASS IS THIS?? please help

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by deanfan, Dec 19, 2012.

1. deanfan

deanfan

Hello! I bought this Dean Bass about 14 years ago but it has no model number or code :bawl:, I just know it`s a Dean, I dont think it is an Edge. if anyone is familiar with this instrument model, please let me know. thanks

Attached Files:

2. gary m

gary m

Hm...I would be inclined to say its an early Jeff Berlin model, but I don't think Dean was making them fourteen years ago. I recognize the inlay logo from a Dean guitar I owned from about the same time period. A nice looking instrument.

3. RhynoRock

RhynoRock

Wasnt there a Dean Razor some years ago? I think Steve Jay of Weird Al played one.

4. deanfan

deanfan

Thanks gary and rhynorock, Yea I am more inclined to it being a razor than some kind of fancy EDGE. But still it has no markings anywhere other than the name dean on the mics, head, body. It has to be some kind of signature or special edition because of the finish and it is nowhere in google images. Also it sounds incredible, drums players in the bands I've played get so happy when I bring the MISTERY DEAN to the gig. Still I would like to know exactly what the model of this bass is. I somebody knows or have one , please keep me posted!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. hdracer

hdracer Supporting Member

I'm fairly sure it's a Razor.
    I have only seen a black one.

7. Kmonk

Kmonk

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Fender, Spector, Ampeg, Curt Mangan Strings
    Tough one. I might be wrong but I thought most of the Razors had a 2 J pickup configuration. The P/J looks more like an Edge. Not sure about the body.

8. superjesus

superjesus Supporting Member

This is a Dean Razor

[​IMG]

9. deanfan

deanfan

That's heck of a razor! Nice! See the body and pick up configuration are different, even the control knobs and the head. Plus its missing the grooves.

10. deanfan

deanfan

I even sent pictures to this guy in dean guitars, and he told me that he wouldn't have any info on it beacuse this bass was built when dean guitars was owned by a company named tropical sound.

11. RhynoRock

RhynoRock

You could probably ask Dean Zelinsky himself through the website. He's a helluva nice guy and loves talkin gear.