1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

What bass is this?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by plankspanker13, Aug 6, 2013.

1. plankspanker13

plankspanker13

No apologies; I thought long and hard about putting this post in the Basses forum. Submitted for your perusal is this scintillating performance clip from 1985:

My question is, what bass is Alec Milstein slapping the hell out of? The headstock suggests a Reverend (but this was recorded a dozen years before that company launched), the active P/J control layout suggests FCS. Does anyone know? Hopefully, someone does, and, at the very least, I have turned a few folks on to some great music; these are 7 minutes that you should not be asking me back for. Lorber is underappreciated, and Dave Koz just brings it, on tenor sax. Don't even get me started on that Chad Wackerman fellow.
  2. M.R. Ogle

M.R. Ogle Supporting Member

Looks like a Tyler.
  3. garp

garp

Agreed. Tylers have that kind of funky headstock.
  4. Rodger Bryan

Rodger Bryan

+1 James Tyler. I wonder if a Demeter preamp is in there. Cuts nicely.
  5. plankspanker13

plankspanker13