1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

What bass is this?

Discussion in 'Ask Justin Meldal-Johnsen' started by micahbell, Feb 25, 2013.

1. micahbell

micahbell

Disclosures:
    Sales: Gerg's Music
    http://youtu.be/MfHOAyMObo4

My two main basses are a P that I recently changed to a P/J with Aguilars, and a Fender Musicmaster that I put a Mike Lull tbird pickup in the P position. With these I can get a huge range of tones, but the sound you get in this video is a very elusive one for me that I just can't dial in. Curious as to what it is!

Also, I love your dancing.
  2. MonsterBass101

MonsterBass101 Supporting Member

I believe it is a Fender Wildwood coronado II. But ill let Justin say for sure.
  3. Dan Bozek

Dan Bozek

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist, D'addario Strings
  4. morehorn

morehorn

THAT'S the era ... Beck+band slaying nightly. wish I could've seen you guys back then.
  5. micahbell

micahbell

Disclosures:
    Sales: Gerg's Music
    Oh man, that's beautiful.

I'm pretty sure I've gotten that bass as an answer to a question before... Hopefully it wasn't to the same video and I had forgotten...
  6. Dan Bozek

Dan Bozek

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist, D'addario Strings
    There are a couple of vintage non-fancy wood ones on eBay between $1,500- $3,000. I was actually expecting them to be a little more.
  7. jmjbassplayer

jmjbassplayer Justin Meldal-Johnsen

Yeah that's my late '66 Coronado II Wildwood.