1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

What beer are you drinking right now? Part III

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bassybill, Sep 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bassybill

bassybill The smooth moderator... Supporting Member

2. Relic

Relic Cow are you? Supporting Member

This week it's been:

[​IMG]

Trying to get into the "Fall" frame of mind.
    I'd say that this one is a bit average...certainly not bad but nor is it exceptional - just sort of "drinkable". A little too sweet maybe? I'm not much of a Sam Adams brewery fan, but some of their varieties are decent.
  3. bassybill

bassybill The smooth moderator... Supporting Member

I actually like most of the Sam Adams stuff I've had.

Right now I'm on the Adnams rather than the Adams...

[​IMG]

Dark, strongish (6.3% ABV), for drinking not sipping. Bitter rather than creamy, very intense flavour.
  4. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME! Supporting Member

Hmm, Ive not had anything new or diffferent lately, been sticking with stuff I know fairly well, mostly due to lack of selection.
  5. Relic

Have any of you guys given Blue Moon a try?

[​IMG]

I actually like that one a lot. That and Brooklyn Lager are two of my top ones.
  6. DerTeufel

DerTeufel Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Had some of that over the weekend..really tasty...and strong to boot!
  7. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME! Supporting Member

Blue Moon, IMO, is pretty run of the mill. Basically every bar that sells cheap beer, will usually have Blue Moon available.
    That said, its not a bad beer by any means. I drink it on occasion, especially if I end up at a store with a poor selection.
    Last night I had a tall bottle of the Honey Moon Summer Ale (I think its summer) after my last AA meeting.
  8. macaroni tony

macaroni tony

Blue moon is a really solid B-/C+ beer if you're at a place that doesn't have any of the good stuff. IMO
  9. line6man

line6man

I bought a six pack of that two days ago, along with their Blackberry Witbier.
    [​IMG]

For the record, I like Blue Moon. I like wheat beers in general.
    I was given a case of Pyramid wheat beers, and I liked their Wit Beer and Hefeweizen.
  10. macaroni tony

macaroni tony

tonight....it's gonna be boont amber ale!
    [​IMG]

I've seen this stuff for a long time and finally actually got some a couple of months ago...incredibly, incredibly refreshing while still having the right amount of richness to the flavor
  11. Solarmist

Solarmist 15 miles from Mt Rainier Supporting Member

I've tried several Pumpkin Ale's, and found this to be easily the best tasting: Buffalo Bill's Pumpkin Ale; available at Fred Meyer ... try one and see!

[​IMG]
  12. slobake

slobake Supporting Member

I'm at work i'll get fired if I drink beer right now.:bag:
  13. pie_man_25

pie_man_25

yesterday i had a pint of mill st.'s tankhouse ale, and a bomber of chimay's premiere ale, both damn good beers.
  14. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya

It's a great beer to have on a hot summer night while you're hanging out with some friends on a porch. You have to have orange with it though, otherwise you won't get the full taste out of it. Hoegardden is another fantastic wheat beer - although I'm sure I misspelled it just now.

Yuck! I hate that stuff with a passion. They describe it as being 'peaty'. I'm not sure what that means exactly, but it ain't good IMHO :bag:
  15. line6man

line6man

I saw that when I bought the Samuel Adams Harvest Pumpkin Ale, and didn't know which one to get. I figured Samuel Adams is always a safe bet, so I went with it, but maybe I'll try the Buffalo Bill's another time.
  16. DerTeufel

DerTeufel Supporting Member

Everyone has different tastes. I don't like Belgian wheat beer because of the coriander that they add. It's all that I can taste.
  17. jebmd

jebmd Supporting Member

I've been enjoying Dogfish Head Pumpkin ale this week. I love the fall season.
  18. Rush-2112

Rush-2112

Not much of a beer aficionado, but I recently tried Coney Island Lager at a local Wine and Beer Garden. I loved it, had never tried an "amber" lager, it was quite tasty!

[​IMG]
  19. 20YearNoob

20YearNoob

I have 30 gallons of homebrew fermenting right now and 3 kegs on tap!

Those are a German Hefeweizen, slightly darker than most of the style; a Belgian Dubbel, rich, strong, and complex; and a Swartzbier, like a black pilsner.
  20. Relic

Yeah, it's definitely one of those "readily available" types but it's one of my favs which is a bonus :)
    Another that I would fit into that category is "Shock Top" (Belgian White):

[​IMG]

For an Anheiser-Busch product, it's not too bad. In a pinch, it'll do.

I'm definitely going to have to try the Buffalo Bill's Pumpkin Ale now!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.