1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. We are currently evaluating the "One Post Per Classified Ad" policy. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

What Cab(s) Are You Using With Your Fender Pro 800 ?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Session1969, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Session1969

Session1969 Gold Supporting Member

I've found a good deal on a Fender Pro 800 and a Genz Benz XB610 (from different sellers) and was hoping someone would have some insight/opinions as to this pairing. I have an idea of how the head sounds but have never heard the XB610. I really want a 610 and the one I'm looking at is $600. I also found out about an actual music store dedicated to bass outside of Sacramento and they're a Bergantino dealer. I don't know if I'll be able to resist myself.
  2. jungleheat

jungleheat

600 for a GB 6x10 sounds like a great deal.
  3. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Kohlman Bassworks
    The Genz will sound great with any amp!
  4. ErnieD

ErnieD

seeing some good deals on large cabs now with all the great small cabs being offered out there. Always wanted a 610 either Eden, GB or Epifani; now I really don't have the need for one.

I actually did buy a new NV610 a couple years ago. WOW, I may be the only one but that cab did not work for me. I took it back and got the NV215 instead. It must be me cuz sold that cab a few months later to a very lucky San Antonio TBer; he got a great deal, arrrgh. Hope he's still enjoying that.

So yeah, I better just wait til my next life to consider a 610 cab. It'll be the first cab I buy; if they even exist then. :p
  5. JimiLL

JimiLL Supporting Member

I have the 610 XB2. SLAMS. Great response across the entire bandwidth, solid tight bass response. Doesnt seem to have that low-mid hump many cabs have, and it'll take lots of wattage before the cones start having a hard time keeping up. This is a great cab, underrated if not under appreciated. Its 44" tall and weighs 135lbs, so it is a lot of cab. Physically much larger than some 610's on the market, like Mesa or SWR

I picked mine up for $450 3 years ago or so. Im starting to think I did pretty good
  6. Session1969

Session1969 Gold Supporting Member

Nice. I like that it's tall. Genz Benz has a great rep. I've read far more positives and I can't recall even reading a negative about they're cabs.