1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

What cab?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by JimboSlice423, Jan 23, 2013.

1. JimboSlice423

JimboSlice423

I recently purchased a Fender Rumble 350 head (not the combo amp). I still need to get a cab. I am on a very tight budget. I was looking at the Fender Rumble 410 cab, acoustic 410 cab, or a peavey 410 headliner. I just wanted to get some opinions. I play in a rock band. We will be doing gigs obviously, so it needs to sound good. What are your ideas? Thanks.
  2. MP87

MP87

Definitely check out the used market if you are on a budget. I see used 410 cabs all the time for under or around $200 on kijiji and Craigslist. If this will be your first real head + cab rig then go cheap for now. I have an old yorkville 410 I bought used for $100 and it has worked great for almost a year. I'm just now getting ready to upgrade.

I think the three cabs you mentioned are all the "affordable" options by those companies. I don't know if one really outshines the other.
  3. john m

john m Supporting Member

Find a used Eden or SWR 4-10.

If you want a cheap, light 4-10, Peavey made a killer Neo version--- not sure of the model.

Avatar stuff is good for the $$$ too.
  4. JimboSlice423

JimboSlice423

Ok, thanks. Anything is better than my current rig. Lol ImageUploadedByTalkBass1358992903.679244.jpg if that shows how poor I am. Lol
  5. rogypop

rogypop

+1 for used peavey or avatar. much more bang for the buck.
  6. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

You can win rig of the month in the "janky as rigs of doom" thread.

What's the budget?

Used, DIY, Avatar/Carvin, used other, really nice DIY, sell female relatives.
  7. JimboSlice423

JimboSlice423

I'm trying to stay around 200
  8. JimboSlice423

JimboSlice423

Well, I just bought a rumble 410 for 225 including shipping. I didn't think that was too bad.
  9. Youngspanion

Youngspanion

sounds like a good price considering they usually sell for $300. I just got one and I like it very much...