1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

What do you do to wind down after a gig?

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Waspinators, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Waspinators

Waspinators

After the gig's done and the gear's packed into the van, what do you guys do to wind down? For me, all I need's a cold bottle of beer and a few hefty puffs off my E-cig as I watch the next band on the bill, or hang outside if the music's done for the night.
  2. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

quick beer if the bar is still serving, chat with band and staff and go home.

What really helps me wind down though is a nice cup of tea and maybe a slice or two of toast when I get home.
  3. nojj

nojj Guest

the drive home.
  4. Frank Tuesday

Frank Tuesday Supporting Member

Punch the clown? Depends on the night.
  5. DwaynieAD

DwaynieAD

some horrible for you fried food and some tv.
  6. oerk

oerk

Used to be a cold beer or two. I haven't had a gig since I've quit drinking, so I guess I don't know anymore? Straight to bed would be best.
  7. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Supporting Member

If there are still people around wanting to chat I will grab a beer and socialize. Otherwise pack up, load out and wind down when I hit the pillow.
  8. SteveHeissner

SteveHeissner

Load equipment for an hour, drive home for an hour and fight like hell to not fall asleep at the wheel. Then when I finally get home at 4:00 AM take a hot shower and go to sleep. Wake up two hours later and feed my dog... Then do yard work for a few hours the next morning and listen to my wife's rants. After that, I have no trouble relaxing and falling asleep.
  9. xUptheIronsx

xUptheIronsx Conform or Be Cast Out.... Supporting Member

for me it is load out. Drive the hour to where we practice. Load in...then head to White Castles...a 20+year after gig tradition that started the night of my first gig ever in high school. 8 Cheeseburgers, no pickle, 1 large fry....and then a whole day of pain the next day:D
  10. Rezdog

Rezdog Supporting Member

Greetings from the North,

Stare into space randomly blinking while occasionally repeating "The Horror...The Horror...." ;)

Rezdog
  11. Sixgunn

Sixgunn

What I've done for three decades: Find some strange!!!:hyper:
  12. jelly6466

jelly6466 Supporting Member

I believe Lawrence said it best,

Attached Files:

13. bassbully

bassbully Endorsed by The PHALEX CORN BASS..mmm...corn!

Right here ^
  14. sowilson

sowilson

JD and some horizontal refreshment with the groupies or bar staff, then off to Denny's, IHOP, or White Castle. Stroll in when the sun rises.
  15. Fat Steve

Fat Steve The poodle bites, the poodle chews it. Supporting Member

Approves!

[​IMG]
  16. PimasterPearson

PimasterPearson

I'm not big on after-parties and I'm usually pretty tired after a gig. I might hang and chat with any friends or fans who stick around, but that's it.
  17. SteveHeissner

SteveHeissner

+1 I like this much better than my answer. Clearly, this man knows how to live.
  18. Leadfoot

Leadfoot

Thankfully, our gigs usually end at 12am. Takes us an hour load our gear and then we all split. When I get home I have some cold cereal and watch TV for an hour. Then I crash at 2-3am.
  19. QweziRider

QweziRider Supporting Member

Drive home listening to a.m. radio from far away states.
  20. inthevelvet

inthevelvet Supporting Member

yep

Attached Files: