what do you guys think of my bass? (6-string)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by humanbeansauce, Dec 11, 2013.

1. humanbeansauce

humanbeansauce

2. BioWeapon

BioWeapon

Dude.
    That was pretty sweet.
    The only thing I found it lacking in was that thick, deep, hard hitting sound like a band with 2 guitars and a bass has. Consider doubling up, maybe?

As for the bass... it may just be the best for metal ;) Seriously killer bass.
  3. Roy Vogt

Roy Vogt Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Accuracy, Carvin, Hotwire, Conklin Basses, DNA, Eden
    Not my thing style-wise but you sound great! What kind of bass is that?
  4. musicman666

musicman666 Supporting Member

That's not a bass!! Basses have 'four' strings, guitars have '6' strings. Try the "Guitards Forum"!! Sheeezz!!!
    Pretty sweet "guitar" playing...jk! Rockin it!
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. humanbeansauce

humanbeansauce

Thanks you guys. It's actually a Douglas bass from rondomusic.com. I modified the body and headstock but I'm still using the stock pickups that came with it. Who knows which kind they are. I do want to play with more musicians. I think it would be really cool to have another bass player (either 4 or 6 string) and a real drummer.
  7. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass Gnarsty bass tones Supporting Member

The bass is cool, and your playing is amazing. Are you seriously doing thumb-index-middle-ring-pinky with your plucking hand around 2:35? That's freakin' unbelievable.
    http://youtu.be/6VvKShF1Wes?t=2m33s

Bonus points for the t-shirt!
  8. humanbeansauce

humanbeansauce

Thanks! Yah I was definitely trying to get all 4 fingers in there. You can tell by the bottom half of the goober concentration face I was making.

As for the t-shirt, glad to see another person who appreciates don cab!! If they come around and do some kind of something, I don't care if it's another album or another tour or what, my life will pretty much be complete. I saw them in '07 and have been just waiting for news of another american tour since.
  9. BioWeapon

BioWeapon

A Douglas? I wanted a fretless 6er from Rondo but they sold all of them before I had a chance to order :(
    Now I want one more!
  10. humanbeansauce

humanbeansauce

Nice. I have actually never played a fretless bass, but think it would be an interesting try. Rondo instruments are really not too bad for the price. I feel like most of your sound is pickups, strings, and intonation anyway. Maybe that's just what I tell myself being a cheap instrument owner though.
  11. StayLow

StayLow

I don't post often, but when I do it's to praise such an awesome shirt.

Well done.
  12. Nephilymbass

Nephilymbass Supporting Member

I like the playing. I do prefer a bit more low end tone wise but maybe that's not your thing. For me its more "jazzy" then "heavy" because of the tones. I could definitely listen to the band though, its interesting, One thing i would suggest if you really like your bass tone and don't want to mess with it is to beef up the kick drum sound some to help fill out the low end.
  13. humanbeansauce

humanbeansauce

Thanks. Yeah as far as the tone goes, that was about the closest we could get with my pickups. The lows are just kind of messy. Back and forth about the kick drum also, but I think we're pretty much done mixing for this album. There might be some slight tweaks before I 'release' it but it's pretty close to what it's gonna be. May have a different setup for the next one.