1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

What do you guys think of this list?

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Duuuuuuuuuude, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Duuuuuuuuuude

Duuuuuuuuuude

2. warnergt

warnergt

I can't say that I disagree.
    That's a pretty good roundup, IMO.
  3. Zoa

Zoa

Seems kinda dumb. Also, I have very little respect for anyone who chooses to use derogatory slurs for gay people.
  4. warnergt

warnergt

Wait a second.

Not-so-cool item #5 is envelope filter.

Semi-cool item #5 is a distortion pedal before the envelope filter.

How can having a distortion filter before the envelope filter be
    semi-cool when it is not-so-cool to even have an envelope filter.

Bzzzzt! Fail!
  5. sethlow3

sethlow3 Supporting Member

Since when was playing a five a not cool thing?
  6. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    You must've had your magnifying glass out, but somebody has to do it. I doubt the author is looking for respect anyway.
  7. Vince Klortho

Vince Klortho

That is an extremely lame list. The semi-cool list is no better either. Actually, that whole book seems lame to me.
  8. One Drop

One Drop Supporting Member

Lame and self-satisfied. Add stupid lists to the list and then we'll start talking.
  9. Roy Vogt

Roy Vogt Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Accuracy, Carvin, Hotwire, Conklin Basses, DNA, Eden
    An Emo guitar player had the time to sit down and write this? :D
    Wait a minute! I just looked at the introduction of the entire book and saw the picture of the Chunklet editor. THAT'S the guy that screwed up my Soy Latte at Starbucks! Worst barista ever! So THAT'S what he does with his spare time? ;)
  10. tlmoscow

tlmoscow

I disagree with point 7 (the correct nomenclature is euro-trash, not his rude variant); point 18 (nothing wrong with MA, except he should be held down and dry-shaved); point 28 (welcome to the 21st century); and point 42 (I can't drink a whole bottle of JD anymore and I do have my reputation to uphold). The rest seems about right (I only read the 'uncool' part; mind wandered after that).