1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

What do you prefer

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by JacoLesFlea, Nov 17, 2012.

What is your favorite?

Poll closed Nov 22, 2012.
  1. Hostess

45.0%
  2. Dolly Madison

10.0%
  3. Glass of carrot juice

45.0%
  1. JacoLesFlea

JacoLesFlea

Jun 16, 2006
    Minnesota
    When I was a kid I liked Dolly Madison. Think it was the whole Peanuts theme. Was a big fan of the Choclate pudding pies.Now I dont eat sweets that much.

2. PWRL

PWRL

Sep 15, 2006
    Yonder
    I never eat that stuff anymore, haven't in years. But I remember those Hostess pies being crazy good when I was a kid. Probably a pound of sugar in each one. But when you're 12, you don't care about that stuff.

3. Refined sugar: for a 12-yr-old in the 70's, pretty much low-grade meth. Stir in red dye # whatever for more extreme mood swings... :cool:
    Memories. Yeah, the Charlie Brown connection made the DM stuff feel more natural, like having your digestive tract molested by a family member as opposed to a complete stranger. Good times

4. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL A Hard Rockin Lover of GREENBURST Supporting Member

The crunchy shell of a "Ding Dong" is quite charming, though these days I prefer cantaloupe. ;)

5. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Supporting Member

May 9, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    Sno Balls! Plus, they look like a pair of breasts.

[​IMG]

6. Epitaph04

Epitaph04 EBMM Nut Supporting Member

Jul 5, 2010
    Santa Barbara, CA
    I just had zebra cakes for the first time in years...oh my..

7. IPA

IPA

May 5, 2010
    I haven't had any of those in ages, but ding-dongs were always my favorites.

8. SBsoundguy

SBsoundguy

Sep 2, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Drake's Devil Dogs.

9. Your poll is invalid, there is no option for Little Debbie

10. JacoLesFlea

JacoLesFlea

Jun 16, 2006
    Minnesota
    Because Little Debbie sucks. Only thing good is oatmeal cream pies and those peanut butter choclate covered wafer things.

11. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    Ugh, those things were disgusting.

12. Agreed
    star crunch, nutty bars and peanut butter bars???
    Oatmeal pies are about the only thing they have I don't like.

13. Oatmeal is like that annoying guy that crashes every party. Chocolate, caramel, peanut butter, fine. And then you add oatmeal and it might as well be a Luna bar.

14. Ziltoid

Ziltoid

Apr 10, 2009
    Canada
    Glass of carrot juice all the way.

15. Dale D Dilly

Dale D Dilly Monster

Jul 1, 2008
    STAR CRUNCH!!! STAR CRUNCH!!!!

I don't even have any idea what Dolly Madison is. Was it a pre-'80s thing or something they didn't distribute through the midwest?

Even as a kid I thought hostess stuff was pretty gross and of terrible low quality. Now I realize I just liked Little Debby better because it somehow contained even more fat and sugar.

16. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
  17. Chef FourString

Chef FourString

Feb 4, 2011
    Texas
    LOL!!! Seriously, almost fell out of my chair laughing. The way my brain made it sound in my head, it sounded like Speedy Gonzales' cousin. I can't remember his name, the slow one. Especially, "good times". :D Gonna be stuck in my head all day, thanks. :)

18. pflash4001

pflash4001

Dec 2, 2011
    That was Slow Pike Rodriguez...

19. pflash4001

pflash4001

Dec 2, 2011
    Slow Poke Rodriguez. Damned typo...