1. Please note: We are performing several software upgrades tonight, Sept 29th. Please bear with us. You may notice some formatting issues and other bugs.

What does your username mean?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by bassist4dalord, Jan 30, 2010.

1. bassist4dalord

bassist4dalord

I'm sure that I'm not the only one who wonders what some TB usernames mean, and I'm pretty bored right now.

So, explain your username! I'll start: mine is pretty self-explanatory. It started out as my YouTube username, and when I came here it came with me. It means "bassist for the Lord." Haha in case you didn't know.

2. jimmy rocket

jimmy rocket

Disclosures:
    builder: Baddy 1 Shoe Pedals
    I picked mine up from an artist collective called the "Rocket Guild" where we all thought it would be great to give ourselves the last name Rocket (a la the Ramones) My friend Joey actually changed his name legally to Joey Rocket.

3. jmercer91

jmercer91

j jor Josh Mercer is my last name and 91 is the year i was born. yeah i know I'm young.

4. bassist4dalord

bassist4dalord

Cool stories so far!

jimmy: that's pretty crazy!
    jmercer: I was born in '91 as well!

Keep 'em comin' folks!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

I hide in places such as alleys, sheds and so on at night and jump out and strike people.

7. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN" Supporting Member

oh,.. i'm so glad you asked! i've been wanting to get this off my chest since i came here,.. lol.
    well,.. i was lurking one day when i saw a TB'er selling a "Jaco" fretless for a very low price. i hurried to register and this name was the first to come. as soon as i logged on, i made the deal and now i'm stuck looking like a groupie.., oh well...

8. oscarmeyer777

oscarmeyer777

Mine comes from a strange obsession that i have had with Oscar Meyer. Here are my reasons:

1. The weiners that they make are delicious
    2. The merch is the best advertising propaganda out there
    3. My grandpa worked in a grocery store and got all this Oscar Meyer stuff for free so he passed on to me when i was a little kid.

If anyone has any Oscar Meyer stuff that they don't care for, please PM me (shameless, I know)

Oh, and the 777 is for my Lord.

9. f'nar f'nar

f'nar f'nar

I got mine from a dirty British comic called 'The Viz'. There's a character in it called 'Finbar Saunders and his Double-Entendres' and every time someone says a double-entendre (an innocent comment that can be made to sound sexual) he says "f'nar f'nar".

10. Loki182

Loki182 Soundtrack '96 Supporting Member

Media:
    Loki, the nemesis of Thor in Norse mythology is the god of chaos and trickery. It is what I named my 8 pound Yorkshire Terrier because he thinks he is a total badass and has this huge ego/air about him and he likes to mess with the bigger dogs. I use it for my psn id as well.
    182 is in reference to Blink182 as it's easy for me to remember

11. Rickett Customs

Rickett Customs

Disclosures:
    Luthier: Rickett Customs...........www.rickettcustomguitars.com
    I've had this aol username since 1995 so..................

Actually, i've already requested to have a screename change, since I'm making a business of building instruments, so i'm waiting for my request to be responded from the helpdesk.

Hopefully, the new screenname will be: Rickett Custom (my last name "Rickett")

**Correction** name has been changed....

12. The Artist

The Artist

A funny story...kind of..
    My username used to be SCODI, but I was sick of that and requested a change becouse I felt I had changed as a person and a bassist.
    In my request mail to change my name I requested something like "the artist formaly known as SCODI" (you know, like Prince had^^)
    But I guess it was too long and maybe it was read as "The Artist (formaly known as SCODI)" so I ended up with this name^^ I liked it anyway cos I like to draw, so hay:hyper:

13. Way Off Bass

Way Off Bass

Disclosures:
    EZ Music Co.
  14. aikakone

aikakone

My user name means "time machine" in Finnish. It's been my 'net alias for years. I got it from a favorite Finnish dance-pop band from the 90s.

15. otis_thick

otis_thick

In one band I was in we started giving everyone a name that had "Otis" in it, My bass rig at that time had a gorgeous Thick tone (Eminence Rubber cones) there was born "Otis Thick" The other band member niknames were: Otis-G, B Otis B and Sweet Otissa Gump!

:bag:

16. DZ6292358

DZ6292358

mine is boring... it is the serial number of my "engagement ring" bass which is my main work horse

17. ProfGumby

ProfGumby Supporting Member

I'm a Monty Python Fanatic. So, Professor Gumby....so named after their characters the "Gumbies"

18. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Records of Existence/PyrE owner
    Tom Waits said it best.

19. Toronto Bassist

Toronto Bassist

Mine is as straightforward as it gets. I wanted to change it to something less boring, but I was told they had to do a forum restart(!) to do that. Oh well.

At least prospective Toronto students will know where I'm from, I s'pose :eyebrow:

20. tonedeaf

tonedeaf Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I use variants of mine as the username for a few different online things. It's based on kind of an inside joke with myself, from playing in bands where the guitars seemed way out of tune to me but no one else seemed to notice. If I'm the only one who hears it, maybe I'm the one with the problem right?

In retrospect, I realize it probably doesn't make the greatest first impression on a musicians' site. . .

21. squashedOpossum

squashedOpossum

Mine represents the state bird of Tennessee in its natural habitat.