1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

What effect pedal are you using in this video from NAMM?

Discussion in 'Ask Janek Gwizdala' started by Schlyder, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Schlyder

Schlyder

Hello Janek.

I just saw a new video up on YouTube from the NAMM show, and really liked that Metheny-ish synth sound you have right at the start.

What pedal are you using to achieve that sound?

Thanks in advance.

2. adamsmatthewj

adamsmatthewj

I see:

polytune mini
    little green box of crazy
    nova repeater
    Ditto

Whatever that second pedal is, I can't wait to hear Janek's next album with it!

3. janekbass

janekbass

Disclosures:
    Founder and CEO of http://videobasslessons.tv
    That's a boss super shifter with the double octave up feature... I blended it with the dry sound of the bass to give it some weight.

But I'm not convinced with it. Was more of a gimmick that I probably shouldn't have taken to namm where the camera and youtube is unavoidable...

Fun to experiment with though, and I got a few great melodic ideas out of it.

Janek

4. adamsmatthewj

adamsmatthewj

Really looks like it made for some fun sounds!

Was neat to see that little melody develop throughout the video. I enjoy watching your vids where you shred like crazy til you find the simple little melody that's a "keeper". Great creative exercise.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Schlyder

Schlyder

Thanks for the info Janek.