1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

What future albums are you looking forward to?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Nov 4, 2012.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL A Hard Rockin Lover of GREENBURST Supporting Member

Howdy Music Fans,

What upcoming or future recording projects are you looking forward to from some of your favorite artists? I heard Metallica is gearing up to record again, I always get excited to hear what they will come up with next. I am also really excited to hear what U2 will do next.
  2. PDGood

PDGood Supporting Member

Sadly, none.

The best music these days seems to come from unexpected sources - small bands that are often regional.
  3. shackled

shackled

Tiamat's new album comes out this week! :)
  4. Djentleman

Djentleman

The other day I heard that some Mastodon, Converge and Dillinger Escape Plan members are doing a super group. It sounds like it could be interesting
  5. KwinS

KwinS Supporting Member

I think Rob Zombie has a new one coming pretty soon.
  6. Insouciance

Insouciance

TOOL.

I've heard it will be their final one...
  7. steamthief

steamthief

I'm looking forward to new material from Lydia Loveless.
  8. caligula

caligula

Looking forward to the new Judas Priest album in 2013 and I hope Queensryche will put out something new now that they have changed singers, but that's about it.

I'll give Mike Stern, Incognito, Disturbed, Tribal Tech a listen (if there's something new), but I'm not waiting for anything in particular.
  9. Razzmatazz

Razzmatazz

Megadeth strated recording their next album last week, from Dave Mustaine via Twitter. Looking forward to it!
  10. Joshua Alexander

Joshua Alexander

11. matante

matante

I hope Camera Obscura comes out with a new album. Don't know if they will.
  12. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

Extremely excited to hear Hadrien Feraud's new album!
  13. mjac28

mjac28 50th Anniversary Ed Sullivan February 9, 1964 Gold Supporting Member

Parliament or Funkadelic new album full of previously unreleased studio tracks.
  14. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

Wow... the future looks bleak for me....

The only one of those listed I am curious to hear is Megadeth, and they have been on a steady downward spiral since The System Has Failed, although that record set a pretty high benchmark in my opinion.

I suppose I am curious to hear Down's new album, but not really super excited.
  15. xUptheIronsx

xUptheIronsx Conform or Be Cast Out.... Supporting Member

+1....

I like to find surprises...saw a great band on Letterman 2 nights ago. Can't remember their name...
  16. AuntieBeeb

AuntieBeeb

Joanne Shaw Taylor's latest must be due out in the UK soon...from what I've heard from reviews stateside, it's very good.

Otherwise, I've got to agree with PDGood: there's really very little out there that's getting me excited for a new release. Apart from maybe the new Soundgarden album...is that out yet?
  17. mjac28

mjac28 50th Anniversary Ed Sullivan February 9, 1964 Gold Supporting Member

The Jonas brothers ?
  18. darren1970

darren1970

New Metallica would be good and I'd love it if RATM decided to put out another record.

Other than that Motley Crue's "Sex" ( as it'll be more material for the tribute band project ):)
  19. inthevelvet

inthevelvet Supporting Member

Don't know if there is anything on the immediate horizon, but anything Derek Trucks is involved in would be cool...
  20. agreatheight

agreatheight

Aside from the lousy Avenger's song, what I have heard from the new Soundgarden sounds promising. Plus, last I read, Ben Sheppard was sleeping on somebody's couch so I will definitely throw the cash at it.