What head to use w a shroeder mini 112

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by bassramos, Dec 21, 2012.

1. bassramos

bassramos Supporting Member

Hi I have a schroeder 500 watt 8 ohm 112 cabinet. I have 4 bass heads:
    1.) Markbass LMIII 500W@4ohms
    2.) Peavey TOur 700 700W@4ohms
    3.) Peavey VB-2 225W All tube (Switchable(2,4,8) Ohmage)
    4.) Carvin B1500 1250W@4ohms

Which one of these would be the best match for the Schroeder power and sound wise? I want to safely and musically crank the cab to it's full potential.

2. naetog

naetog

I have a Schroeder 1210, 4 ohms (which is awesome, but that's beside the point) and I've used a Genz Shuttle 9 previously, and I currently use an Eden WT800 through it.

Your cab is around 400W if I'm correct.

Really, any head will be fine. The cabs are vey efficient, so it's really a matter of what you like the sound of.

Obviously the wattage on the Markbass, Peavey Tour, and Carvin will be less than what you listed going into your 8 ohm cab, but responsible use of the input gain and volume knob will get you to basically the same volume regardless of which amp you use; which is why I believe it's really up to your preference.

If you would like a specific response, I'd go with the B1500, which is 700W at 8 ohms, and would leave you with a bit of headroom and tonal flexibility over the MB and PV 2er IMO.
    However, I bet that VB-2 is awesome, and I'd have to try that before making a definite decision....

3. bassramos

Thanks I will try it now at a grammar school.

4. jlepre

jlepre

*** is THAT supposed to mean?:rollno:

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. bassramos

Oh I had a gig in a grammar school this morning... I guess that sounds kind of weird. the Carvin sounded pretty good w the schroeder. Im still open to suggestions

7. jlepre

jlepre

Lol i thought that was a sly remark