1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. We are currently evaluating the "One Post Per Classified Ad" policy. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

What head to use w a shroeder mini 112

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by bassramos, Dec 21, 2012.

1. bassramos

bassramos Supporting Member

Hi I have a schroeder 500 watt 8 ohm 112 cabinet. I have 4 bass heads:
    1.) Markbass LMIII 500W@4ohms
    2.) Peavey TOur 700 700W@4ohms
    3.) Peavey VB-2 225W All tube (Switchable(2,4,8) Ohmage)
    4.) Carvin B1500 1250W@4ohms

Which one of these would be the best match for the Schroeder power and sound wise? I want to safely and musically crank the cab to it's full potential.
  2. naetog

naetog

I have a Schroeder 1210, 4 ohms (which is awesome, but that's beside the point) and I've used a Genz Shuttle 9 previously, and I currently use an Eden WT800 through it.

Your cab is around 400W if I'm correct.

Really, any head will be fine. The cabs are vey efficient, so it's really a matter of what you like the sound of.

Obviously the wattage on the Markbass, Peavey Tour, and Carvin will be less than what you listed going into your 8 ohm cab, but responsible use of the input gain and volume knob will get you to basically the same volume regardless of which amp you use; which is why I believe it's really up to your preference.

If you would like a specific response, I'd go with the B1500, which is 700W at 8 ohms, and would leave you with a bit of headroom and tonal flexibility over the MB and PV 2er IMO.
    However, I bet that VB-2 is awesome, and I'd have to try that before making a definite decision....
  3. bassramos

Thanks I will try it now at a grammar school.
  4. jlepre

jlepre Supporting Member

*** is THAT supposed to mean?:rollno:
  5. bassramos

Oh I had a gig in a grammar school this morning... I guess that sounds kind of weird. the Carvin sounded pretty good w the schroeder. Im still open to suggestions
  6. jlepre

jlepre Supporting Member

Lol i thought that was a sly remark