1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

What headstock logo would you choose - new (and final) poll!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fourstringbliss, Mar 18, 2014.

Which headstock logo?

1. #1 - BOSS 302

52 vote(s)
    37.7%
  2. #2 - BASS 302 (clever!)

86 vote(s)
    62.3%
  1. Many of you already know that I'm planning on refinishing this bass
    [​IMG]

in this color
    [​IMG]

I designed a few headstock logos and posted a poll, but then M.R. Ogle designed a few much better ones.

So, headstock logo final poll - which of these do you think would look better?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. lowfreqguy

lowfreqguy

Oct 18, 2000
    #2. I like the play on words.

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. #1 Because I think bass is boss.

5. ^^^^This. The play on words is a little too cute for my taste, and cute is the last thing you want on this bass.

Edit: I do like this logo. I think it is a perfect for what you are trying to do with this bass.

6. Jason Brown

Jason Brown Supporting Member

May 1, 2000
    SLC, UT
    I know it's not one of the choices, but I would just do the right side of #2 and leave the "Peavey Foundation" off.

7. I think you're right. I like the play on words, but it is cute - and there's nothing cute about a Boss 302.

8. tgriley62

tgriley62

Jan 25, 2011
    S.E. Mo
    Remember, cute can be deceptive (I have an ex-wife that was cute)

9. HockeyDawg

HockeyDawg

Oct 12, 2012
    Phoenix
    Number 1. And not just cuz I gotta pee.

10. Solarmist

Solarmist Supporting Member

Jul 24, 2007
    near Mt. Rainier
    I voted #1 ... again. It just looks the best IMO.

11. ;)

I'm from the Department of Redundancy Department.

12. bassmanrocke

bassmanrocke Supporting Member

13. I say #2. Would be sweet if you could get volume and tone knobs to simulate Mustang wheels!

14. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    If it's inspired by the Boss 302, then it should say that on the headstock. Some Boss striping on the body would really set it off. Cool idea.

15. Yeah, I think that's the route I'm going to go. I don't want to dabble in cutesy if this bass is going to be refinished in a great color (my main motivation) and because it's inspired by a tough car. I'm definitely going to do the triple stripe on the body (either using paint or more water slide decals under clear coat) as well as black blocks on the fretboard. I might go with the vinyl block stickers but also might just make decals and seal them under some poly for protection.

16. wraub

wraub

Apr 9, 2004
    ennui, az
    Disclosures:
    I'll have an IPA, please.
  17. Rocktometrist

Rocktometrist

Oct 3, 2012
    Seattle
    I originally liked the "BASS" version (#2), but the line of thinking that it's too cute for a design based on such a badass car is pretty convincing. Given that, I voted for #1.

18. scorp64

scorp64

Jan 28, 2014
    Hampton Roads, VA
    I vote for #1. Also, sweet ride! That's a '70 if I remember my Mustangs correctly. Used to drive a '70 Fastback in Grabber Blue, not a Boss though. My brother still has that car sitting in his garage with plans to restore it.

19. Boss Bass 302?

20. I say "Boss 302". Bass 302 looks campy.

21. steamthief

steamthief

Jan 25, 2006
    Mentone Beach
    #2, because it's a bass, not a Mustang.