What If?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by stonewall, Nov 16, 2013.

1. stonewall

Jun 14, 2010
    If you had to decide on one bass that you own and one bass only what would it be???? For me this was hard i never thought i would bail on my jazz but a "Precision"
  2. WardEarth

Feb 18, 2010
    I like my warwick. But ya, i ended up liking the P-bass over the Jazz
  3. C130AVN

C130AVN Stringed Tubist

Apr 19, 2012
    Winnipeg, MB
    While I rotate all my basses at home.... my Precision is the one I play out.
  4. jim777

jim777 Tarantula Lobbyist Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2006
    South Jersey
    One bass of the ones I own, or one bass period? Of the ones I own it would be the BB75, if any bass I'd need to play a few more Foderas and Alembics to decide :)
  5. Sponsored by:

6. EXILE03

Jan 19, 2013
    Vancouver, BC
    Out of my current basses, probably my Hofner CT. Out of any bass, a Ric 4003 with Chromes would suffice.
  7. spz8

Jan 19, 2009
    Glen Cove, NY
    Roscoe - and I have yet to see one in the wild! :D
  8. 1960jbass

1960jbass Supporting Member

Mar 28, 2013
    Appleton, WI
    My '78 P-bass with a fresh set of DR Hi-Beams on it.
  9. Steve

Aug 10, 2001
    Alder / rosewood Sadowsky with single coil pickups.

I have others but they are all in the "play it once a year or sell it" closet.
  10. Billy Sheehan sig...tons of tonal options. :)
  11. Runnerman

Runnerman Registered Bass Player Supporting Member

Mar 14, 2011
  12. Randyt

Randyt Supporting Member

Jul 21, 2010
    Barrie, Canada
    My Custom FBASS AC6..
  13. My Classic Stingray 4H. Yep, that's the one.
  14. Osztertag2112

Jan 27, 2013
    My classic 70s jazz, literally does everything and it is the best feeling bass Ive ever played!!!
  15. musicman666

Sep 11, 2011
    I have a MM Stingray 5HH and a P-Bass.......If I had to choose only 1, I would route a J pup in the bridge of my P-Bass for more tonal options!
  16. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

I'm a slave to nostalgia, so I'd keep my Squier P-Bass Special with the satin pewter finish and matching headstock (aka "My Sexy Beast"). It's the one that jumped out, grabbed me by the eyeballs and whispered "buy-me-play-me-learn-me" over and over into my ears.

That being said, it would be different if I was depended upon to perform live. Nostalgia is great and all, but if results are crucial, I'd have to stick with my Fender Aerodyne (especially with the Drop-D tuner installed!). Either way, I love me those P/J hybrids!
  17. alembicbones

Nov 10, 2000
    Seattle, WA
    My Alembic Europa 5 string with Series I electronics. We will never part ways.

18. Rip Topaz

Rip Topaz

Aug 12, 2005
    Willow Street, PA
    Beta tester for Positive Grid
  19. ukulelelab

Apr 14, 2013
    From the ones I own the 1965 Guild Jetstar bass because I would never find another one again. If any bass then a Precision
  20. bongostealth

bongostealth Supporting Member

Jun 3, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    My Fender P-bass…. yeah right! No P-bass here and proud of it! I would have to keep my Warwick Thumb NT6.
  21. JMimbs

Jan 5, 2012
    Central Florida
    Of my current basses, either my P bass or my Charvel P/J. That's a tough call.

But I have my eye on a Warwick that might knock them both off the top.