1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

What is he using?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by abarson, Dec 29, 2013.

1. abarson

abarson

Reed Mathis of Tea Leaf Green.
    Some kind of octave with a volume pedal?

It's definitely the bass, as it tracks the bass perfectly.

2. smeet

smeet Gold Supporting Member

Sounds like a POG with some distortion on it. I'm not sure what the volume swell effect is from.

3. gregmon79

gregmon79 Supporting Member

Have you tried googling his rig setup?? This guys playing most def looks damn interesting. I may have to look into this guy more. And yeah, that def sounds like a POG to me too. Maybe hes using some kind of reverse delay for that volume swell. Thats almost what it sounds like to me.

4. abarson

abarson

I always Google first, and didn't find any description of his setup, so TB is the next obvious stop!

I think you guys are right, based on some demo clips on youtube.

Even the swells seem to be possible using the "Attack" slider on the POG2. I get the impression that the MiniPOG wouldn't be able to do this.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Swift713

Swift713

It looked to me like his leg was moving in a volume pedal esque manner when those swells were happening. The tone sounds like a POG with maybe some of the filter on the POG 2 and maybe a little drive.

7. acleex38

acleex38

Snarling dogs wah (not moving) overdriving a digitech whammy (2 octaves up) and a volume pedal for the swells and legato sound. He's been using the setup for a while now.

8. acleex38

acleex38

His rig is an Aguilar ag500 into a pair of 2x12s and the highs split into a fender twin (or it was)