What is the best $200 dollars you ever spent?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by rstellar13, Jan 5, 2014.

1. rstellar13

rstellar13 Sarcastic Panda

Im just curious, ya know?
  2. Milk

Milk Supporting Member

A hooker onc..... i mean hmmm... i dont know, does it have to be precisely 200$?
  3. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN" Supporting Member

:ninja: (you don't want to know) :bag:
  4. rstellar13

rstellar13 Sarcastic Panda

not percisley lets just say the budget cap is 200
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Milk

Milk Supporting Member

I spent 132$ on a Midi controller two months back that i was immediately very happy with. It has added a lot to my songwriting. But that's nearly more in the best 100 you ever spent. or 150$...

Well, my bass was worth about 225$ american when i bought it (exchange rate was bad at the time and i paid about 300 canadian i thnk). Considering its been my main for nearly 20 years, i'd say that might be the best slightly over 200 (american) i spent...
  7. sharkbait130

sharkbait130

About 5 years ago , I got my 2000 mim PBass in a Roadrunner gigbag for $200. Picked it up near Harrisburg Pa. The truss rod had never been adjusted , the intonation was terrible and the string(rounds) were dead as a doornail. Cranked the truss about 1/2 a turn ,put a set of chromes on it and set the intonation. It's been my main performance bass ever since.
  8. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Supporting Member

Groceries this morning. I'm done buying breakfast and lunch 5 days a week at work. I'm only gonna eat food I prepare myself at home...or at least that's the plan. Should save thousands of dollars a year this way.
  9. verycoolname

verycoolname

Tickets to run the "Run For Your Lives" 5K (zombie themed obstacle course/5K race): $98. This included the ticket to run, a free t-shirt, the "processing fee", and a donation the the charity the race was supporting. The experience was priceless.

DC101 Chili Cookoff Ticket: $35. For that price I got to see RDGLDGRN, Beware of Darkness, Capital Cities, The Silversun Pickups, AWOLNATION, and Soundgarden. Eight hours of musical bliss. Include the $25 I spent on a t-shirt there and it was only $60...killer concert for that price.

I didn't buy this, but my parents got me a Kala A/E concert ukulele for Christmas and it costs $168. Not a bad price for a killer ukulele.
  10. claudel

claudel Supporting Member

In 1994 I spent $150 on a 5th row ticket to Pink Floyd and wound up directly in front of David G for a few hours.

I can't think of another $150 I've spent that brought me that much legal enjoyment while clothed...
  11. sbassface

sbassface Supporting Member

200 on a peavey palladium. Then sold it to a store for 250 sadly. Could have done a lot worse
  12. crlujan

crlujan

Apple TV. Best $99 I've ever spent. Netflix and Hulu and you're set. Dump cable!
  13. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Well, if we're talking about bass gear, probably the $163.00 Aguilar DB112NT's that Amazon had on sale a while back. $326.00 for TWO of them. I've found some sweet deals over the years, but it's hard to beat that one.
  14. Stilettoprefer

Stilettoprefer

The best $200 I've spent in my 19 years of existence would probably be my squier CV thinline telecaster guitar (over 200, but not by too much IIRC). Have gotten a couple years of satisfying use out of it and will get many more as the mods I've made to it have got it perfect for my style.

It gets more use than either of my basses do, sadly.
  15. RyanJD

RyanJD Supporting Member

I bought an Ibanez SR700 for $199. Turned it around for about $450.
  16. Whit Townsend

Whit Townsend

Baggs Para DI $169. Works with EVERYTHING. Double Bass to mandolin. Anything acoustic.
  17. tplyons

tplyons

Best $300 I ever spent was my Bose QC15 noise canceling headphones.

Best $200 I ever spent was on a pair of super comfortable Cole Haan boots.
  18. Humbled

Humbled Supporting Member

$150 for a racked-pair of original dbx 160VU compressors that I used for a couple years and then sold to a studio in FL for $1,500.
  19. ArtechnikA

ArtechnikA I endorsed a check once... Gold Supporting Member

Nevada Divorce...
  20. Purplefowler

Purplefowler

£15 for my first bass. I bought a sunn mustang at a carboot sale when I was about 16. I still have it now, tucked away for safe keeping
    £199.99 for my atomic floyd superdart iems for making the world sound like a better place :)
  21. jbassmaniac

jbassmaniac REPRESENTING THE LOW END TO NO END!

About a year and a half back I found a 1983 Japan Vintage Squirt Jazz bass which an exact replica of a 1963 for $75. I cleaned it up ans pur. A set of flatwounds on it and the bass is worth between $600 to $1000 in certain circles.