1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

What is the best way to record live Video and Audio?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by BenJanning, Jul 31, 2013.

1. BenJanning

BenJanning

I make youtube bass covers of songs and am looking to "up" the quality of my videos. I want to avoid a pc for editing/mixing and just get a good live take of the playing. I am aware of the Zoom Q3 and the Kodak ZI8 Handy Recorders, but I find the quality is always lacking in either video or audio. I own a Tascam DR-07 field recorder which is good for live audio. This has a line in and a line out. Is there any way I could use the line out on this and have it go into a line in in a HD camera, which I could buy. Also, if I attached the Zoom H6 to a DSLR the audio and video will be seperate, correct? Is there any to "auto mix" the audio and video? Or is there a DSLR camera with xlr inputs built in? Something you can just hit record on and get great audio and video?
  2. bluegreenturtle

bluegreenturtle

You can line out of the Zoom using 1/8th inch jacks into the DSLR and if you set the DSLR's gain to just 1 or 2 ticks above 0, you will have a clean signal. If you're talking about that brand new Zoom h6, supposedly it has very clean amps. If your DSLR has AGC that can't be turned off (few do now, even the 7D finally got manual control) then that solution won't work.