What is the hardest or most difficult thing you have ever done?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by paste, Mar 1, 2014.

1. paste

paste Supporting Member

Be it mentally, physically, or cliché, what's the hardest thing you have ever done?
  2. Milk

Milk Supporting Member

Learning to play bass half decently? I dunno, its just, when i started i wanted to do it well so bad and fast. I really made myself insane with that.

Mentally, getting through the rough patches that comes with having an anxiety disorder (I do not take medication for it even though I should, I have my reasons). I'm going through a fairly bad one right now (though i've had worse). When it reaches panic attack status, it's like living in a nightmare.

Physically i don't know....I haven't had a major illness, but, i did have a real bad mono when i was 22 and i got a tonsillitis so bad that i couldnt swallow even water (they couldn't give me antibiotics because of the mono) and i was hospitalized for like three days during which i didnt sleep or drink or eat (i was on intravenous) and that hospital stay and then recovering from the mono (which people who had one know can take up to a month or more before you feel close to alright), that was physically very hard. At least the hardest i had to go through. But then some people have had cancer and chemo...
  3. DeathFromBelow

DeathFromBelow Give Me Chocolate! Gold Supporting Member

Man, what's with all the difficult questions?

Gaaaahhh....
  4. bmc

bmc

Beat cancer.
  5. bachlover

bachlover Supporting Member

Tell my 97 year old grandmother that her son (my uncle) had passed after we found him in his apartment.
  6. 68Goldfish

68Goldfish Supporting Member

Made the decision (with my Mom and Brother) to let my Dad go. I don't see it getting any harder than that.
  7. CTC564

CTC564 Gold Supporting Member

Raising our (now 15 year old) severely disabled son who is now becoming very difficult for us to care for and we are contemplating finding a suitable facility for him to live and get the care he'll need for the rest of his life...
  8. msact

msact Gold Supporting Member

Almost a year ago when I had to tell my two little girls (then 8 ) that their mother had just died.
  9. 1SHOT1HIT

1SHOT1HIT

Having a fully loaded .40 calibre handgun tucked into my waist, & NOT shooting the guy who I had seen for the first time since discovering that he was responsible for molesting my then 2 year old son, he'd also punched him 3 times for having a bathroom accident.

This all followed by the struggle of composing myself in a cool, calm, & collective manner in court for the almost 4 years it took me to win sole legal custody. Which fortunately I still have, & have made it to him almost being 14 and having no real memory of any of this stuff.
  10. Dug2

Dug2 Supporting Member

some of these truly are horrific things. man, threads like this kill me.
    i wont be back to read anymore thats for sure, you guys are good ones,
    good luk
  11. edpal

edpal Thread enda or defenda - makes me no neva mind. Gold Supporting Member

Taking care of my second wife at home until the end - brain tumor. It sucked badly but at the last moment my daughters and I were able to hold her, in our bed, as she took her last breath. And that made it worthwhile. Beats a phone call from a stranger.
  12. paste

paste Supporting Member

That's some intense stuff right there. Good thing you had a clear enough head not to pop that sucker. BTW is that what inspired your username?
  13. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Ive had it easy compared to some people I think. The worst so far was getting over an unexpected and unwanted divorce. I was a real basket case for about 6 months. It actually turned out to be a huge blessing and I've been much happier since then.
  14. pedroims

pedroims

No so hard than other TB members but the hardest thing I have done is telling my wife that her mom passed away, then watching her on her knees screaming to me that I was a liar.
  15. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Supporting Member

I quit cocaine when I was about 23. I was an eight ball away from becoming a full blown junkie. When I wept like a baby one day cuz my guy wasn't around, I decided I'd had enough.
  16. PWRL

PWRL Supporting Member

Tell them to take my father off life support.
  17. PWRL

PWRL Supporting Member

I am sorry you had to do that. That sounds terribly hard.

Edit- these all sound hard already.
  18. bass_case

bass_case Used Register Supporting Member

3. Moving my 88 yr old mother out of her home, much against the wishes of my 92 yr olf father.

2. Putting her on a plane to go back.

1. Repeat step 3.
  19. DannyBob

DannyBob

Come out to my friends and family on my mothers side, but know that on my dads side they would disown me (parents are divorced).
  20. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL A Hard Rockin Lover of GREENBURST Supporting Member

Media:
    Grad School was a pretty rough run. The Church was no picnic either.