What is the worst physical pain you've ever felt?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by capnsandwich, Jan 17, 2013.

1. capnsandwich

capnsandwich

I guess mine would be a gallbladder attack I had in which I did nothing about until it turned into gangrene and, in turn, brought me close to death.
  2. macaroni tony

macaroni tony

never had anything close to that

so....is it taken care of??
  3. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

I can't recall the one specific time when I experienced the most pain, but I did have a relatively recent painful experience. I got a new tattoo about a month ago. I don't particuarly enjoy the pain of getting a tattoo, but I can deal pretty well with it. Plus, my current artist has a relatively light hand as compared to some artists who have worked on me in the past.

When I got home and took the bandage off, I put some antibacterial soap over where my artist had worked on me. Wow! It felt like a swarm of yellow jackets were attacking my arm. That hurt 5 times worse than getting the tattoo.
  4. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Banned

Kidney stone.

Think being knifed by a hot, blunt, rusty blade. Repeatedly.

Then, just when you thought that was bad, imagine passing a spiky melon through hole several orders of magnitude too small.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. nortonrider

nortonrider

3 discs in my neck crushed and pinching off nerves in my left arm/shoulder.
    (4 muscles atrophied, 2 more completely killed off).

After cervical fusion to open up the gaps in my spinal chord and un-pinch
    the nerves, (think un-kinking a garden hose),
    the pain felt as those muscles came back to life was unreal!

......just remembering it is making me cringe!
  7. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL A Hard Rockin Lover of GREENBURST Supporting Member

Media:
    Probably when my arm was nearly severed in two. Not fun, especially when the Doctor began cutting the flapped skin without novocaine to determine if I still had feeling.
  8. capnsandwich

capnsandwich

Oh yeah or I wouldn't be here to start this thread. I had the gallbladder removed the hard way. My gallbladder was the size of a grapefruit but it's only supposed to be the size of a plum.
  9. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Kohlman Bassworks
    Full dislocation of my shoulder! Damn near passed out waiting 4 hours in the emergency room on a Sunday afternoon waiting for an Orthopedic Dr. to show up! Then had to take X-Rays first and damn if they didn't take the right ones so they had to redo them!!
  10. Monster Truck

Monster Truck Supporting Member

I jumped off a 6 ft high fence and broke the heel of my foot, then had to walk 1/2 mile with a big bag of laundry to get home.
  11. mc_muench

mc_muench

When she broke my heart...

Really, getting shocked to the lips from a mic in a spotty basement. Went straight to the ground, my guitarist said he say an arch from like an inch or two away. Extreme pain then numbness for the rest of the night. Still played the show since I dont sing.

Always check a mic before putting your mouth by it.
  12. Marial

Marial Pooped Supporting Member

Full-blown migraine. I've only had a couple in my life, but when they're happening they are worse than anything I've ever experienced (broken bones, kinked intestine, blown L4/L5 disc with resultant S1 nerve impingement and surgery, sprains etc). The only thing that comes close was being constipated for a week due to morphine sulfa and immobility following back surgery. Not crapping for a, ahem, solid week is hellish. Still, not as bad as the inescapable pain of a full-blown migraine.
  13. bmc

bmc

My appendix ruptured when I was in the high arctic. I was 700 miles from the nearest hospital and had to be airlifted out. The fastest plane available was a 48 seat turboprop that was chartered. Was off work for six weeks.
  14. UncleFluffy

UncleFluffy Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Head Tinkerer, The Flufflab
    Removal of an infected, impacted wisdom tooth without effective anesthetic (*).

By breaking it and pulling out the pieces.

(The abscess had cut off the blood flow and I've got a strong family immunity to anesthesia anyway - 9 ampoules of Novocaine and nothing. Not as bad as my uncle who came out of general in the middle of having his thumb stitched back on and punched out the surgeon - with the hand being stitched up - by reflex before he realised what was going on...)
  15. morewattsplease

morewattsplease

man some of these are bad, but my jaw was shattered on both sides from a punch.
    Got away lucky though, one inch over or up would have meant paralyzation or death.
    Glad I don't walk that life anymore.
  16. ugly_bassplayer

ugly_bassplayer Supporting Member

I have the same resistance, I need like 10 shots to get numb at the dentist.
  17. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Probably when I dislocated my index finger at the knuckle. It didnt hurt too much at the time, but the following few weeks were not fun.
  18. skychief

skychief Gold Supporting Member

Lifting my SVT II out of the pickup. Felt something snap in my lower back and the sharpest pain I ever felt. I fell to the ground in a fetal position. Hurt so bad I got sick (actually vomited). And I cried like a 3 year-old.

All this was done in front of a dozen or so people.

And then I had to do the gig. :eek:
  19. macaroni tony

macaroni tony

great to hear :)
  20. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member

Pulmonary embolia. Spitting pieces of lungs all day long while your legs are petrified by cramps for days wasn't fun.
  21. zachoff

zachoff

I was skateboarding as a kid and bumper shagging behind a 4 wheeler. I got board wobble, it slid out from under me, my knee dragged on the pavement for a few feet and scraped the bone. I almost pooped myself it hurt so bad.