1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

What is this bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sk8rdave, Dec 3, 2013.

1. sk8rdave

sk8rdave

I have recently acquired a bass guitar and been asked to sell it on, as the person who did own it was just going to throw it away. I was in awful condition, but most of it has shined up nicely, I repeat most of it.

I don't know much about the guitar and have failed to find a similar one online, I was just wondering if someone could fill in me in on the details. Cheers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. iamthebassman

iamthebassman

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Phantom Guitars, Eastwood Guitars
  3. KeddyLee

KeddyLee

It's a Diamond Rickenbacker copy. Rickenbacker went through a huge ordeal to get them discontinued.

I think it was in the '70's, if I'm not mistaken.

Have you strung it up?
  4. KeddyLee

KeddyLee

There you go. Get about $800 for it?
  5. jaxstarke

jaxstarke

Offshoot of the Aria company. Maybe mid 70's. Should Google "Diamond Rickenbacker Copy". There are a few hits.
  6. sk8rdave

sk8rdave

Ah ok, cheers :D Gives me something to work from.

I've yet to string it up, need to go by some first.
  7. frankieC

frankieC Supporting Member

As I recall, Ibanez also made a cope of the Rick, that there was a pretty good lawsuit over, and Rick won that one, too.
  8. KeddyLee

KeddyLee

Either way it's a good looking bass. Curious to see what you think when you string it. Never played a copy so I'd like to know how it plays and how it sounds. Does it have the Ric-O-Sound equivalent?
  9. frankieC

frankieC Supporting Member