What is your favorite bass chorus pedal?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by DLI848, May 19, 2011.

1. DLI848

DLI848

I'm looking to buy one. I love the way the Ashdown one looks, but I heard complaints about it being very noisy, so I want to look at a few others.

2. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Digitech xbc bass multi-chorus pedal and the t-rex sweeper bass chorus pedal.

3. bigchiefbc

bigchiefbc Supporting Member

Do you want shimmery or warbley?

4. DLI848

DLI848

What do you mean?

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

DLI848...do guitar chorus pedals that works well on bass count?

7. DLI848

DLI848

Hah, if you feel like naming them, feel free. Though, I like what I'm reading on the T-rex sweeper and multi-chorus you told me earlier.

8. TheWoodShed

TheWoodShed

9. bigchiefbc

Most of the chorus pedals I've tried tend to fall into one of two categories. The wet, watery pedals that warble, and the more subtle, shimmery ones that make your signal sound a little more spread out. Sorry for the descriptions, this is all so subjective.

10. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Okay cool. the chorus pedals that I like that are made for guitar but works well on bass is the danelectro chorus pedals and the digitech "hardwire" stereo chorus pedal.I own a danelectro fab chorus pedal. definitely the best chorus pedal money can buy. I do dig the digitech xbc bass multi-chorus pedal. especially since it's the first chorus pedal that I bought for my bass. I do dig how the t-rex sweeper chorus pedal sounds. I saw a few youtube clips of that pedal and I think it sounds pretty cool. I'm personally a fan of chorus effects on guitar and bass.

11. kokoshmusun

kokoshmusun

I was recommended the EXH small stone but I think it has some low-end loss issues. I ended up not getting one (but a dude makes a good clone, maybe one day). There's a dirt cheap used Boss CE-5 around and I might get it, because a lot of people here seem to like it.

12. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya

I use a Boss CE-5. Solid construction, reliable as hell, and it sounds pretty good. It's more of a metallic sort of chorus, but it sounds good and it sticks out pretty well in a band setting (in a good way).

13. Big John66

Big John66

I picked up an MXR Stereo Chorus a few months ago. It's the best sounding chorus I've ever uesd. Bright and shimmery and yet warm and smooth at the same time.

14. Eric!

Eric!

15. mglabrie

mglabrie

I'm using an EBS Chorus. I bought it because I've had good luck with a couple other of their pedals and I won't use a pedal without true bypass. I like it just fine, but after 25 years of playing I am actually brand new to pedals and honestly am not much of a judge... Wondering how it compares to the other favs mentioned here?

16. champbassist

champbassist

CE-5 fan here. Out of the three current Boss choruses (CH-1,CE-5,CEB-3) it's the one I like best.

17. alexa.

alexa.

shimmery suggestion plz :hyper:
    any thoughts of the SC10?

basically I want a nt chromachorus, but I can't afford it :bawl:

18. casio

casio

Maxon CS-9 all the way.
    Used to use the EBS UniChorus and I found it to be a bit much for me, while the Boss CE-5 is great for the price, I just found the Maxon to suit my needs more!

19. bigchiefbc

For shimmery, may favorite is the old Boss DC-2 and it's clones. You also might want to try out the EHX Stereo Clone Theory. The small/neo clone is more of a watery warbly chorus. Also, I'm currently using a DOD Stereo Turbo Chorus, which is very shimmery.

20. Dee-man

Dee-man Supporting Member

I like the Exar Moby Dick. I only like a mild chorus effect to fatten the sound, and this has effect level and tone controls (in addition to the usual depth and rate controls), so you can dial in what you want. I also had the ever popular Analogman with fixed deep and that sounded good too, but it was a toss up with the Moby Dick and that sold first. Good luck, DM

21. scHism

scHism

I am using a Boss CE-5.