1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

What kind of Hipshot detuner goes on a Squier Classic Vibe 60s P-Bass?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by J03YW, Nov 27, 2012.

1. J03YW

J03YW

Hey, I'm getting a Squier Classic Vibe 1960s model P-bass soon, so I looked on Hipshot's site to look for one of those fancy little switches that flips your E string to a D, but I got confused by all the models and what not. Which one would work on said bass?
  2. friskinator

friskinator Supporting Member

I just ordered the BT1 for my new CV Precision. Tried a BT7 and it didn't work, so I'm hoping the new one fits. I think the BT7 might work on some of the older ones that have the Mexican-style tuners, though.
  3. fkh006

fkh006

Contact Hipshot perhaps?

Just a wild thought I had....
  4. J03YW

J03YW

lol, sorry for being a doofus, i'll do that
  5. fkh006

fkh006

6. Ricketboy

Ricketboy

Or, save your $$$$, get used to flicking your E string tuning peg down to an octave lower than your D string by ear. Practice will make it easy.
  7. J03YW

J03YW

Bill says bt1, but the site says it fits musicman and G&L after a check. I emailed him back just now, I'm fairly confused
  8. georgestrings

georgestrings Supporting Member

Tuning out loud on stage is considered unprofessional by most - I consider the money I spent on my Hipshots to be a wise expenditure...

- georgestrings
  9. Steveaux

Steveaux

We have a winner !!!
  10. gidbass

gidbass Supporting Member

+1