What Midrange Settings do you use on your SVT?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Clouz, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Clouz

Clouz The Ayatollah of Jack and Cola Supporting Member

i like mine on 5/3 khz and the cut/boost turned 3/4 of the way up. that is using my p bass. but when i plug in my gibson with tb pu's i use setting 3 same boost. what are your settings?

2. Jim C

Jim C Supporting Member

Boost either #2 or #3 depending on bass and cabinet.
    Different models have different amounts of gain per knob position.
    CL I rarely go past 2:30
    7-Pro and SVP-CL might see as much as 4:30

3. coreyfyfe

coreyfyfe Supporting Member

Usually a slight boost on the 800Hz setting with the SVT. Ditto for the V4 but it's 1000Hz not 800.

4. David Hayes

David Hayes Guest

Freq knob on 2 with it boosted anywhere from 1 o:clock to 5 o:clock depending on what I am playing and how well the guitar players understand EQ.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    800hz/2:30 or 3:00, depending on the room, usually closer to 3:00. With knobs at noon and the ultra switches off, the SVT has a bit of a hump at around 100hz (which I love), and gradually tapers off the higher up the frequency spectrum you go, so setting mids that way plus treble on 2:00 gets me a somewhat flatter tone. Not that bone flat is my ultimate goal, but it does help me hear onstage, and between the little 100hz hump and those settings, I can hear and feel it.

7. beans-on-toast

beans-on-toast Supporting Member

ultra-lo and ultra-hi off, mid set at 800Hz (middle position), mid tone adjusted to taste depending on the cabinet that I'm using and how it sounds where it is. Start at noon and adjust the mid tone control upwards.