1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

What model Ibanez am I thinking of?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by GrafZeppelin, Dec 21, 2013.

1. GrafZeppelin

GrafZeppelin

Disclosures:
    Endorsing artist: Yamaha basses, Ultimate Ears monitors
    I'm trying to remember the model name of a very short lived Ibanez bass, possibly from the mid-00s that was somewhat in a P-bass style with IIRC Seymour Duncan pickups in a P/J configuration. It also had a quite large pickguard that was "stepped" by the controls. I've been looking at all the old catalogs available on the net but this one doesn't seem to be in any.

Anyone?

2. bjelkeman

bjelkeman Bass player wannabe

Have you tried using Google Image search to see if you can find a picture of it?

3. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member

Your description sounds a lot more like a Reverend Bass than an Ibanez.
    Stepped like this ?

[​IMG]

4. A-Step-Towards

A-Step-Towards Supporting Member

I know what he is talking about. I wasnt playing bass when these came out and I have only seen 1 on ebay and it was so long ago I forgot the model name.

They are PJ and came stock with 1/4 pounder seymour duncan PJ's. They looked close to a ATK. I would like to try on out, but there pretty rare.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Jazz Ad

Now you have me curious. The CRM is uncommon and close but the pickguard is not really stepped.

[​IMG]

7. mongo2

mongo2

RKB...2003-ish

[​IMG]

8. Jazz Ad

Oooh I remember playing this in a shop. Good bass but it doesn't have "teh activ electronic" salesguys typically rave about.

9. A-Step-Towards

A-Step-Towards Supporting Member

Yep one of those. I knew they had the ATk look to them, same neck it appears. There was a burst one on ebay a few years ago I missed for like $275. I still kick myself over that. I would love to grab one for around $300.

10. GrafZeppelin

GrafZeppelin

Disclosures:
    Endorsing artist: Yamaha basses, Ultimate Ears monitors
    Excellent, thanks! I couldn't for the love of my life remember the model name (which I might be forgiven given the rather bland model names of most Ibanez basses). Seems my mind is playing tricks on me since the pickguard wasn't "stepped" by the controls but rather the other way around.

Again, thanks!

11. CoarseBass

CoarseBass

Wow, a PJ in the ATK platform, with modern Ibanez quality...I've basically built one, but I'd love to see a factory one again.