1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

What model Ibanez bass is this?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Kahrmine, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Kahrmine

Kahrmine

May 25, 2013
    It appears it's a bit like the ATK in style, considering the headstock. But it's definitely not an ATK.

Anyone know the model number? Anyone have a catalog description?

thanks in advance

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Kahrmine

Kahrmine

May 25, 2013
    I searched online Ibanez catalogs from '93-2003 and there weren't any models that looked like this.

Someone must own one of these out there.

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

4. It kind of reminds me of a blazer esque body style, with the atk neck. Might be a customized parts bass. Either way it looks awesome. Hope you can find more info!

5. Kahrmine

Kahrmine

May 25, 2013
    It's definitely not as old as the Blazer series. I'm guessing this one is from the lat 90's or early 2000's. I just couldn't find anything exactly like it in the catalogs from those years.

6. It's an Ibanez RKB bass. They only came in a 4 string config and I believe were only offered for one year (maybe two).

7. Kahrmine

Kahrmine

May 25, 2013
    You are the winner of knowing which bass it is I am asking about! Thanks, friend... :)

8. eqvolvorama

eqvolvorama Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2000
    Arlington, Virginia
    Don't mean to resurrect a dead thread, but I have one of these. It is a great bass for the money. I do believe it was a 1-2 year project to use up surplus from Hoshino inventory.

Fantastic neck. I mean really, really great. On par with my NYC Sadowsky.

9. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist

Mar 24, 2010
    LA
    there is one at zeppelin music in highland park outside of LA, it's black, i really wanted one of these, but i got a g&l sb-2 instead for my hot hot pj bass when i didn't win one on ebay

10. Guygrooves

Guygrooves

Jan 3, 2012
    Albany NY
    Love it! That's a hot Ibanez my man..