1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

What model Ibanez bass is this?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Kahrmine, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Kahrmine

Kahrmine

It appears it's a bit like the ATK in style, considering the headstock. But it's definitely not an ATK.

Anyone know the model number? Anyone have a catalog description?

thanks in advance

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Kahrmine

Kahrmine

I searched online Ibanez catalogs from '93-2003 and there weren't any models that looked like this.

Someone must own one of these out there.
  3. Nivek91

Nivek91

It kind of reminds me of a blazer esque body style, with the atk neck. Might be a customized parts bass. Either way it looks awesome. Hope you can find more info!
  4. Kahrmine

Kahrmine

It's definitely not as old as the Blazer series. I'm guessing this one is from the lat 90's or early 2000's. I just couldn't find anything exactly like it in the catalogs from those years.
  5. Bulldawg82

Bulldawg82 Supporting Member

It's an Ibanez RKB bass. They only came in a 4 string config and I believe were only offered for one year (maybe two).
  6. Kahrmine

Kahrmine

You are the winner of knowing which bass it is I am asking about! Thanks, friend... :)
  7. danroche

danroche Supporting Member

Don't mean to resurrect a dead thread, but I have one of these. It is a great bass for the money. I do believe it was a 1-2 year project to use up surplus from Hoshino inventory.

Fantastic neck. I mean really, really great. On par with my NYC Sadowsky.
  8. mpdd

mpdd Supporting Member

there is one at zeppelin music in highland park outside of LA, it's black, i really wanted one of these, but i got a g&l sb-2 instead for my hot hot pj bass when i didn't win one on ebay
  9. Guygrooves

Guygrooves Supporting Member

Love it! That's a hot Ibanez my man..