1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

what pedal would you add to my board if it were yours?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BassIsFun17, Aug 30, 2013.

1. BassIsFun17

BassIsFun17 Supporting Member

Hey ya'll

I was wanting to see what everyone would say about this. Basically i want to know what you would add to my board if it were your own board. It doesnt matter one what effect it is. it doesnt matter on the pedal order, but please explain the pedal order if you would change it all up.

My pedalboard is on a pedaltrain 2, i have enough space left to add one more pedal.

My board consists of:
    Dunlop Volume(X) with TC Polytune mini in the tuner out> Mxr bass compressor> Darkglass b7k> EHX XO Bass micro synth> TC corona chorus> TC flashback x4> sfx micro thumpinator

okay go!

2. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Banned

I can't really answer the question properly. As you know, these things are personal preference, but I would take most of that stuff you have and sell it.

Seems to me you could use a serious dirt pedal, a flanger, an octave, a clean boost or maybe something like a Micro Pog.

3. msaone

msaone

I vote Octave pedal too.

4. BassIsFun17

okay maybe to broaden the question up some. with only adding one pedal, and including the rest of my board. what you would add and how would arrange it? forget about selling it cause its what you have to use for this question.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Banned

Octave. They work best earlier in the chain.

7. Ajak

Ajak

Octave or a second dirt pedal (just for variety). But if you like funky stuff I'd definitely get some sort of auto wah or envelope filter.

I like your board by the way.

8. The Celestials

The Celestials

What is your "niche"? I could reccomend a vintage Boss Heavy Metal if you are into shoegaze for all i know.

But I second the notion to look into fuzz or octave as I like both. But ultimately it is up to you of course.

9. electracoyote

electracoyote

My board would require an envelope filter, an OD, a phase/flange, a tremolo, and a delay. This was for the last classic rock band.

I can't tell from the description if those are on your board or not.

10. BassIsFun17

my niche is basically heavy rocking music with psychedelic edge. like neurosis heavy riffage also very drowny heavy blues riffs. i like to think queens of the stone age with a heavier metal edge and blues like the allman brothers.

11. Adamixoye

Adamixoye A PT Pro is cool for worship, right? Supporting Member

Did you miss the B7K?

12. mmbongo

mmbongo Chicken Pot Pie. My three favorite things!! Supporting Member

Yeah that B7K is a joke! lol!

But I'd add either Octave or Envelope Filter. Aguilar Octamizer for Octave, Aguilar Filter Twin for evelope, or Pigtronix Bass Envelope Phaser for a different flavor.

13. danielfnj96

danielfnj96

A black russian big muff because everyone needs one. They're just so awesome.

14. Snakeman1066

Snakeman1066

and no fuzz?

seriously for me it would be a fuzz of some sort...

[​IMG]

this is my current board and I play a lot of Stoner/Doom/Desert Rock/Sludge type material

notice the distortion, overdrive, and Fuzz!

15. Veldar

Veldar

Morley wah.

If it was mine, I go cliff in every song though.

16. HolmeBass

HolmeBass Supporting Member

Octaver, right after the compressor. Putting the volume pedal right before the compressor seems wrong to me, as the compressor immediately works against changes in volume. I'd put the volume pedal at the end of the chain.

17. MotorCityWest

MotorCityWest

Hi. I really dig that type of music.

I ended up finding "my tone" with a Verellen Meatsmoke preamp pedal and MXR 10 band eq pedal.

Another wicked pedal I like is Death By Audio Apocalypse.
    It's made by the guys from A Place To Bury Strangers.

They are $$$$ though. Not sure how much you want to spend.

18. adi77

adi77 Banned

maybe a tremolo/chopper pedal? A/B switcher?

19. Basshappi

Basshappi

If it were mine I'd ditch the compressor and add an octaver (at least a MicroPOG but a POG 2 if possible) definitely a Fuzz and a flanger especially since you mention playing psychedelic music. I'd also add a wah pedal or envelope filter so that there would be more filter options than just the synth pedal.

20. HunterBurgan4Me

HunterBurgan4Me

I've got many similar pedals to you. Personally though I wouldn't put the volume pedal before the tuner. That really is just preference though. I'd also get more dirt on your board since I have a b3k I use for a subtle always on growl I have other pedals dedicated to out of order fuzz and distortion. Maybe a D*A*M meathead fuzz? Also I'd add a POG 2 because I recently got one and it sounds incredible.

21. AaronVonRock

AaronVonRock