1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

What pedals can work as a 3 channel mixer? wounded paw?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by topo morto, Jan 19, 2014.

1. topo morto

topo morto

The pedal I am specifically interested in is the wounded paw blender, but I am wondering what others can mix down 3 signals to 1? I guess the badger schism, maybe?

I am not interested in the signal splitting part. I have too many ways to split my signal, need a way of getting them all back together!

2. nshuman

nshuman Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I have the Wounded Paw V4 and it is awesome. The latest version is real quiet too. SFX has some mixers as well and some more complicated ones in the custom shop. If you go the Wounded paw route, I would recommend the v4 because you get 4 channels and the first one can be used as a clean channel to blend with. The other cool thing is that channels c and d can be set as parallel or serial in either direction (c into d or d into c). That gives you amazing flexibility.

3. topo morto

topo morto

SFX is awesome but I've given max enough money recently (and he's probably sick of me :). )

So can you use the mix part without the split part, using something else to split the signal and then using the paw to recombine?

4. nshuman

nshuman Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Well, it kind of does the split and mix. Basically, you send your signal into the input. Then, you have 4 loops that are mixed together, so, imagine a true bypass looper but all the channels are parallel and mixed. So, it does the split/mix/and combine all in one pedal. The added feature on the v4 lets you decide if you want to do C || D (C parallel with D) or C>D or D>C mixed with A and B.

The cool thing about this feature is that if you have one chain being your overdrives, one being your distortion, or anything else, you can change the order of those two chains or just keep them parallel.

Another good feature is the phase shift on the B/C/D channels. This allows you to change the phase (180 degrees) in case you have some effects that cancel each other out. It's hard to beat all the features for the price.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. shenanigans

shenanigans

7. topo morto

topo morto

Thanks - the WP mini mixer looks perfect actually!