1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

What pickups should i get?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Weirdo, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Weirdo

Weirdo

Hey guys,

I'm getting rid of the split Dimarzio pickups in my Aerodyne bass. Theyre too low and no mids.

Right now im not sure which pickups to get, I'm aiming for a Rancid, Guns n Roses, Municipal Waste, Punchy kinda tone, And would like something nice with a good tone around the mids.

I'm currently fairly set on some Quarter pounder pickups as they seem to be the standard, But i'm open to suggestions. So, Let's hear it.

Jackson
  2. javadog

javadog Supporting Member

3. AdamR

AdamR Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: VF Cables
    which Dimarzio Ps do you have ? I like the Model P myself and dont find them scooped at all.. The 1/4ers are way scooped.
  4. sotua

sotua

Based on your desires, the quarter pounders are NOT what you want - those have an inherently scooped sound by themselves.

(although I'm curious that you'd find the Dimarzio Model P lacking in mids. Perhaps in highs, but mids?)
  5. Weirdo

Weirdo

6. MascisMan

MascisMan

I would think the Quarter Pounders would fit the bill for punk/rock