1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

What should I do?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Deaky, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Deaky

Deaky

Hi folks

Im mainly a flatwound lover but for the past couple of days I've been thinking of stringing up my basses with some roundwounds. They are currently strung with TI flats which I adore but I'm kinda missing that roubdwound zing.

What would you guys do and what roundwounds would you put on?

Cheers

Deaky
  2. hotbass57

hotbass57

DR black beauties are coated Nickle and slap well with a nice balance and tension. Bright enough for me.
  3. darkstorm

darkstorm

For inexpensive but nice roundwound I like daddario xl nickel. For overall best sound I like rotosound swing 66. Ghs boomers can also be a nice middle of road string for good price to.
  4. two fingers

two fingers Loud Mouth Know It All Blowhard Gold Supporting Member

It doesn't have to be all or nothing. Your post implies you have more than one bass. Slap some rounds on one of them and see how it goes. If you dig it that much go all out. But I would keep flats on one just so you have that option available as well.