1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

What size frets are these?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by npbassman, Feb 7, 2014.

1. npbassman

npbassman

I'm thinking about ordering a new bass and would like to get the same fret size as my current go to bass - a 90 Modulus Q5. Can anyone ID these? My guess would be 6230 or 6105 but that's just me eyeballing the Warmoth chart.

Thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. gully_jones

gully_jones Stone cold groovy man Supporting Member

3. Jensby design

Jensby design

4. landau roof

landau roof Reupholstered User Supporting Member

^^^^^^^^^

Gonna have to measure, bro.

If you're taking guesses while holding it in your hands, do you honestly expect someone to give you a reliable answer from looking at a pic on a screen?
  5. npbassman

npbassman

Take it easy man. I once had a bass refretted and upon first look the luthier said "oh those look like 6230's". He then measured to make sure. That's all I was looking for.

6. Jensby design

Jensby design

Well, take it to that guy and have him look at it.
    I could guess for you but from here it would just be a guess and you would have to tell me what gauge those strings are.
  7. landau roof

landau roof Reupholstered User Supporting Member

No hostility, bro. But as per your story, even the fret whisperer takes measurements.