1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

What Song Is This Bassline From?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Bryan R. Tyler, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Quick dumb question- was watching a Damian Erskine vid and he played a bit of a line that I know but can't remember what song it comes from and it's bugging me. The link starts at the right point.
    http://youtu.be/BQVo0Ddxodc?t=6m44s

2. jongor

jongor Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2003
    Maine
    So Close, so far away by Derek Trucks Band?

3. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Nah- he plays it pretty point on to what it sounds like. For some reason I was thinking Stevie Wonder but couldn't find one that matched so I'm probably wrong :)

4. Meremortal

Meremortal Banned

Dec 30, 2012
    Lots of things. The first one I thought of was "Footprints" by Wayne Shorter.

5. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Not that one- the line has the regular half step up/down movement between phrases.

6. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Stevie Wonder's "I Can't Help It"?

From MJ's Off The Wall album...

7. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Newport News, VA via NYC
    Disclosures:
    Kohlman Bassworks
    What JimK said.

8. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Ah- the Michael Jackson one is it! Thanks JimK/DW.