what string on this track?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by willbassyeah, Apr 8, 2014.

1. willbassyeah

willbassyeah

The bassist is playing a pbass, is there a recommendation on the string i need to get to get that tone?

for some reason i thought of black nylon flatwound, at about 2:15 he start slapping, i still hear that strong attack but without that overly bright overtones that normally presence in roundwound, i thought it might just be an old roundwound string but i might be wrong.

any help would be greatly appreciated!!

2. Linnin

Linnin

I watched very carefully several times at full screen, and they are definitely NOT black tapewounds. The darkness of tone/sound and purcussive punch just screams GHS Precision Flatwounds. Due to the various colored lights it was tough to tell if the silks were purple and thus GHS Precision flats, but they did appear to be that color at 4:03.

3. MICKUSS

MICKUSS

Ugghhhhh! Awesome bass tone but why'd you subject us to watching\hearing that! Hahaa

4. Linnin

Linnin

That'll be fifty bucks, please! ;)

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. willbassyeah

willbassyeah

i know they are not but for some reason, i think of the following string, tight low end without roundwound overtones, but still has that enough brightness for slapping, and the guy is using a precision...eghh