1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

What strings come on Jackson 5 string?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by bluelineman, Dec 9, 2012.

1. bluelineman

bluelineman

I just got a Jackson Dave Ellefson CBXV 5 string. I was wondering what strings come on it - brand, gauge, etc
    Thanks
  2. jordak

jordak

I think Dave Ellefson himself endorses SIT strings, but it's quite likely that Jackson strings them with some sort of Fender strings from the factory.
  3. soulman969

soulman969

If they're using the same strings they do on the Fender 5 string Basses they'd be a set of Fender 8250/M NPS .045-.130. D'Addario makes them for Fender.
  4. darkstorm

darkstorm

Daddario. Jackson been using daddarios as stock factory put on strings for both basses and guitars for many many yrs. The jS seres and other more recent ones have been with daddarios to. nickel xl's.
  5. bluelineman

bluelineman

6. bluelineman

bluelineman

7. darkstorm

darkstorm

The clowns at GC will generally give whatever answer they think will make them some money from you. If you contacted Jackson theyd say daddario is their stock strings they put on all the basses and guitars. You'll also see they are the same when you get a set by ball end colors etc.
  8. bluelineman

bluelineman

Ok, got the official answer from Jackson..

Thank you for contacting Consumer Relations.
    I have here the string gauges used on the CB-XV. These will be D’Addario brand strings.

NPS, Gauges: .045, .065, .085, .110, .130
  9. WayneS

WayneS

Are you sure they're nickel xl's?

I'm pretty sure mine shipped with ProSteels but I'm not positive.
    I use the D'Addario nickel strings on my other basses but there's something different about the strings on my JS3.
  10. darkstorm

darkstorm

Its possible theyve switched to prosteels. My JS had nickel xl's on it out of the box. I replaced those with DR neon then roto66.
  11. Metalbasspro

Metalbasspro

I was wondering what kind of string come on the David Ellefson 4 string bass. Whatever they are they blow away GHS boombers! Boomers start to go dead after three days. The string on my Jackson sound as new as the day I got it weeks ago.