1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

what strings would be best for a washburn ab10.

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by 4nuexps, Jan 27, 2013.

1. 4nuexps

4nuexps

I just purchased a washburn ab10 and it needs a new set of strings. I just started playing so my knowledge is minimal. Im looking to play it more as an acoustic and i like classic rock blues and bluegrass. Can anyone help?
  2. bassist4dalord

bassist4dalord

3. bassfreakah

bassfreakah Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist Ernie ball strings
    i like a light set if flatwounds on my acoustic.
  4. mr sprocket

mr sprocket Supporting Member

Get some Nylon tapewounds. I have a set of status tapes on my AB20 and the sound great. You can get a good almost woody thump.
  5. gary m

gary m

Light flats...Fender 9050s in 40-95 gauge come to mind.
  6. mr sprocket

mr sprocket Supporting Member

Careful with some of the flats. They can have a pretty high tension and sometimes those washburns don't like that.