What Switchcraft jack used in 90's Stingray?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Doctor J, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Doctor J

Doctor J

The output jack on my Stingray is dying and I need to replace it. I tried to order off EBMM in the US, they said "No, no, no". I'm in Ireland. They directed me to a UK site where they want to charge me GB£17.50 postage for a GB£4 part. What little dignity I have left prevents me from doing this.

So, getting to the point, would anybody know the Switchcraft part number used to connect to the PCB in a 2-band mid 90's Stingray?

2. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member

were it me i'd just get a regular #12B (available at any music store) and mod the wiring to use that.

the reds (9V) will all go together, the grounds will all go together and to ground, and just the black from the battery clip will go to the ring terminal.

the tradeoff is that if you plug in while the amp is live you might hear a weird noise as the preamp powers up; you shouldn't be plugging in the bass while the amp is on anyway, so it's not really a concern.

3. Doctor J

Doctor J

4. Cadfael

Cadfael

I Doctor J,

Your question showed me that I have a fault in my bass wiring compilation.
    My explanation text was right - but the diagram was wrong ...

you find my compilation at the bottom of this page (in German): http://161589.homepagemodules.de/t2...chaltplan-Sammlung-fuer-passive-E-Baesse.html
    The Stingray 1987 should be like yours? It is no. 1.9.161 (on page 279 at the moment in version 410) ...

I opened the pdf drawing on the switchcraft website and compared it to my drawing ...
    There is a chart with the different switches.
    113B__(X) is WRONG!
    113__(X) is RIGHT - but not available??? Or how is the system???

You need the "3" in the chart (tip open circuit and isolate make circuit). You need "two tip contacts" and a third contact with a "make" connection to the "second tip contact" ...

Important: Two tip contacts and a "make" for the battery to one of the tip contacts ...

walterw's solution might be the easyest way ...

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member

that, and you're losing a weak plastic "black box" jack for a near-bulletproof open frame jack.