1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

What technique is this?!!

Discussion in 'Ask Anthony Wellington' started by keep it low, Feb 1, 2013.

1. keep it low

keep it low

Hey there antwan, im a huge fan of Vic and when i came close to running out of albums I found extraction, which got me hooked on Greg howe, and off his album five theres a song called plush interior, and what I think might be some awesome tapping around 1:45 in the vid, I'm slowly starting to pick it up but I cant quite emulate it, you think its tapping done on maybe a 5 or 6 string?
    Check it out, I cant find much on the bassist Kevin vechion I thinks his name
    http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=mETtQHNy0SQ&desktop_uri=/watch?v=mETtQHNy0SQ
  2. winegamd

winegamd

It sounds like either slappping on a fretless, or, more likely, a chappman stick. Slow in the groove it is hard to distinguish but as the pace picks up it sounds like Tony Levin on his stick. I ran into the same problem trying to learn a line on a Jeff Golub album Tony played on.
  3. Ant Wellington

Ant Wellington

Sorry,...I can't get the video to load.

-aw
  4. Ant Wellington

Ant Wellington

I found the song on youtube! I agree,...it sounds like 'thumping and plucking' done very well on a fretless with a lot of compression on it.

-aw
  5. keep it low

keep it low

Definately. Im gonna email the bassist and ask whim what he did it on if he remembers. You know where I can find a snapjack? Their website last I checked was down and required a password to get in.
  6. Ant Wellington

Ant Wellington

I don't think that Snapjack is around anymore. But I'm not sure.

-aw
  7. keep it low

keep it low

Daaam guess ill try my luck on ebay