1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

What to do in Weybridge?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Tat2dHeart, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Tat2dHeart

Tat2dHeart Only two strings away from an attitude problem. Gold Supporting Member

TBOT, I know I can count on you for help with this. I just booked a work trip that's got me in Weybridge, England from 3 February until 16 February. When I'm not busy with work - what's the best stuff to do with limited time on a controlled budget?

Ready?

GO!

2. murphy

murphy

yeah....Get the train into London.
    Music stores ..Charing Cross Road
    Kings road
    Carnaby street
    .Galleries....museums
    tower of London

Go to Brighton to be by the sea

3. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Banned

Go stalk whoever is living in John Lennon's old house. lol

4. Deathblade Eric

Deathblade Eric

Depends what floats your boat...

What's on in Weybridge sums it up. Hmmmm....

There's a few events on at Brooklands between those dates: http://www.brooklandsmuseum.com/

In town most of the major museums are free entry. South Kensington tube gets you to the V&A, Natural History, & Science Museum; Tottenham Court Road, Russell Square or Holborn for the British Museum.

Denmark Street is a bit... meh... tbh, apart from Wunjo's.

Borough Market (London Bridge) is good for food & beer (The Market Porter), but does get rammed at the weekend.

In the other direction, Hampton Court Palace and Windsor Castle aren't that far.

Top Tip: Travel in London is expensive. Get an Oyster Card from almost any newsagent, usually works out at a 50% discount on the cash fares plus it automatically caps itself to the daily Travelcard rate. More here: http://www.londontoolkit.com/briefing/underground.htm

Pete.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

You could visit with my Aunt and Uncle in Weybridge. :)

7. Waffles and Scotch

Waffles and Scotch

So don't save you any tickets for the Daytona Original Music Festival on 2/9? ;)

8. Tat2dHeart

Tat2dHeart Only two strings away from an attitude problem. Gold Supporting Member

Pete, thanks for the links and the info on the Oyster card. I always like to see new places from the local perspective (steer away from touristy usually). This link seems to be really local (THANK YOU!!). Hoping that things will work out and I might get to meet a TBer or ten while I'm there, so if anyone's up for it, please say so.

Sorry sugar, I couldn't say no to being that close to London. I'll be thinking of you guys though.

Cool - thank you!

9. Tat2dHeart

Wow - I really thought there were more Londoners on TB than this. Where's the rest of the UK crowd to tell me where to go?

10. murphy

murphy

maybe ask on that uk site...what is it? Basschat?

11. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Banned

If you were heading north, I'm your man. Best leave all that London stuff to the southerners :)

12. i_got_a_mohawk

i_got_a_mohawk

They'll be here no doubt, but keep in mind your original post was after midnight and the one quoted was after 3 in the morning here :)

13. Tat2dHeart

I was accounting for the time difference - that's why I left a few days between the posts before I started to whimper. ;)

Actually, I've talked to a few folks otherwise along the way. Apparently Weybridge isn't quite the happening place my employer would have me believe. Fortunately, I have a sense of adventure, so I've decided that the goal of my trip after a successful project launch is to leave my mark on the UK. :D

14. Tat2dHeart

I heard that from someone else, as well. Too bad that I can't relocate the office. ;)

15. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Banned

The North is where it's at :)

16. i_got_a_mohawk

i_got_a_mohawk

Hah! My bad, didn't notice the dates :bag:

Maybe it is just too dull a place to talk about!

17. Tat2dHeart

Maybe since I have a weekend, I should take one of those days and go explore the countryside? I'd suggest meeting in the middle, but well...yeah.....I don't want to look quite that forward. Ooops. Too late now, I guess. ;)

No worries. I chuckled about it. Have enough beer after hockey and everything is kinda funny. ;)

18. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Banned

The thing is Tat, halfway between London and me is The Midlands. Ghastly place. Think Mordor without the charm.

Don't let bassybill tell you otherwise :)

19. Tat2dHeart

Mordor, eh? And no ring? Sounds like I could turn that into an adventure that would leave a mark. ;)

20. Rusty Chainsaw

Rusty Chainsaw Supporting Member

Didn't anyone tell you they moved Mordor into London, and that Sauron has taken up residence in the Shard? :D

[​IMG]

21. Tat2dHeart

Wooooo....how awesome this will be for me, then. I've always wanted to take on Sauron. ;)